Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:50 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
Author Message
maryjo606
Post subject: Re: The Urantia Book and Jerusem Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:20 pm +0000
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 pm +0000
Posts: 1214
Location: Denver CO
Ok - this topic is closed. Sorry, Rich.

71:2.9 (802.3) There are ten steps, or stages, to the evolution of a practical and efficient form of representative government, and these are:

71:2.10 (802.4) 1. Freedom of the person. Slavery, serfdom, and all forms of human bondage must disappear.

71:2.11 (802.5) 2. Freedom of the mind. Unless a free people are educated—taught to think intelligently and plan wisely—freedom usually does more harm than good.

71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.

71:2.13 (802.7) 4. Freedom of speech. Representative government is unthinkable without freedom of all forms of expression for human aspirations and opinions.

71:2.14 (802.8) 5. Security of property. No government can long endure if it fails to provide for the right to enjoy personal property in some form. Man craves the right to use, control, bestow, sell, lease, and bequeath his personal property.

71:2.15 (802.9) 6. The right of petition. Representative government assumes the right of citizens to be heard. The privilege of petition is inherent in free citizenship.

71:2.16 (802.10) 7. The right to rule. It is not enough to be heard; the power of petition must progress to the actual management of the government.

71:2.17 (802.11) 8. Universal suffrage. Representative government presupposes an intelligent, efficient, and universal electorate. The character of such a government will ever be determined by the character and caliber of those who compose it. As civilization progresses, suffrage, while remaining universal for both sexes, will be effectively modified, regrouped, and otherwise differentiated.

71:2.18 (802.12) 9. Control of public servants. No civil government will be serviceable and effective unless the citizenry possess and use wise techniques of guiding and controlling officeholders and public servants.

71:2.19 (802.13) 10. Intelligent and trained representation. The survival of democracy is dependent on successful representative government; and that is conditioned upon the practice of electing to public offices only those individuals who are technically trained, intellectually competent, socially loyal, and morally fit. Only by such provisions can government of the people, by the people, and for the people be preserved.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 am +0000
Posts: 1232
Location: Denver CO
Rich, you have not been censored - you were only asked to address the topic that you yourself started. You refused to do so. The thread is still visible to anyone.

Do you want to make a new discussion using the passages you have quoted here?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, you have not been censored - you were only asked to address the topic that you yourself started. You refused to do so. The thread is still visible to anyone.

Do you want to make a new discussion using the passages you have quoted here?


mary jo enjoys her forum.

71:2.14 Security of property. No government can long endure if it fails to provide for the right to enjoy personal property in some form. Man craves the right to use, control, bestow, sell, lease, and bequeath his personal property.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 am +0000
Posts: 1232
Location: Denver CO
Rich, the forum is not my personal property. I am a caretaker, a steward only.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 am +0000
Posts: 229
rich.sachs wrote:
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, you have not been censored - you were only asked to address the topic that you yourself started. You refused to do so. The thread is still visible to anyone.

Do you want to make a new discussion using the passages you have quoted here?


mary jo enjoys her forum.

71:2.14 Security of property. No government can long endure if it fails to provide for the right to enjoy personal property in some form. Man craves the right to use, control, bestow, sell, lease, and bequeath his personal property.


Rich, why are you acting so immature? MaryJo is no dictator, far from it! Give us all a break and quit the sarcastic whining.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
And to think that i am to blame for it all!

In all Jesus’ young life this was the very first time he had consciously resorted to public strategy. Theretofore, always had he depended upon a frank statement of truth to clarify the situation, but now he could not declare the full truth. He could not intimate that he was more than a man; he could not disclose his idea of the mission which awaited his attainment of a riper manhood. Despite these limitations his religious fealty and national loyalty were directly challenged. His family was in a turmoil, his youthful friends in division, and the entire Jewish contingent of the town in a hubbub. And to think that he was to blame for it all! And how innocent he had been of all intention to make trouble of any kind, much less a disturbance of this sort.

pethuel wrote:
rich.sachs wrote:
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, you have not been censored - you were only asked to address the topic that you yourself started. You refused to do so. The thread is still visible to anyone.

Do you want to make a new discussion using the passages you have quoted here?


mary jo enjoys her forum.

71:2.14 Security of property. No government can long endure if it fails to provide for the right to enjoy personal property in some form. Man craves the right to use, control, bestow, sell, lease, and bequeath his personal property.


Rich, why are you acting so immature? MaryJo is no dictator, far from it! Give us all a break and quit the sarcastic whining.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 5122
Mr. Sachs has a Jesus complex evidently. This is about the 10th time he compares himself to the Master. So very inappropriate.

Rich remains irrelevant to his own topics and posted text. His posts are not censored and neither are they rational.

:-$ :roll:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
you've a will and whims.
71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, the forum is not my personal property. I am a caretaker, a steward only.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 5122
rich.sachs wrote:
you've a will and whims.
71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, the forum is not my personal property. I am a caretaker, a steward only.


Mr. Sachs demonstrates False Liberty for the student body here. He believes his will and way are more important than the greater good for the greater number - true liberty is not about self importance and neither does democracy coddle or condone self importance. . No matter how inappropriate or irrelevant or unwelcome, still does he persist in striving with others and being self assertive and defensive.

His text selections have nothing to do with his own presence or presentations here but merely display his hope for attention and audience. Maryjo's patience and kindness are notable. Thankfully I have also benefitted here by such restraint and tolerance.

Such is my whim! :wink:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 am +0000
Posts: 1232
Location: Denver CO
Quote:
you've a will and whims.
71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.


Rich, this does not even make sense.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
you haven't exchanged your mind for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth.

48:6.26 (553.7) Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.

fanofVan wrote:
Mr. Sachs has a Jesus complex evidently. This is about the 10th time he compares himself to the Master. So very inappropriate.

Rich remains irrelevant to his own topics and posted text. His posts are not censored and neither are they rational.

:-$ :roll:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 5122
rich.sachs wrote:
you haven't exchanged your mind for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth.

48:6.26 (553.7) Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.

fanofVan wrote:
Mr. Sachs has a Jesus complex evidently. This is about the 10th time he compares himself to the Master. So very inappropriate.

Rich remains irrelevant to his own topics and posted text. His posts are not censored and neither are they rational.

:-$ :roll:


I don't believe you understand what that means Rich.

My mind works fine and serves me well. Thank you.

The quote does not describe the loss of identity or selfhood or personality.



8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
you believe i've launched an orgy of darkness and death.

53:3.7 (604.2) It was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

fanofVan wrote:
rich.sachs wrote:
you've a will and whims.
71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.
maryjo606 wrote:
Rich, the forum is not my personal property. I am a caretaker, a steward only.


Mr. Sachs demonstrates False Liberty for the student body here. He believes his will and way are more important than the greater good for the greater number - true liberty is not about self importance and neither does democracy coddle or condone self importance. . No matter how inappropriate or irrelevant or unwelcome, still does he persist in striving with others and being self assertive and defensive.

His text selections have nothing to do with his own presence or presentations here but merely display his hope for attention and audience. Maryjo's patience and kindness are notable. Thankfully I have also benefitted here by such restraint and tolerance.

Such is my whim! :wink:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 5122
rich.sachs wrote:
you believe i've launched an orgy of darkness and death.

53:3.7 (604.2) It was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.



:lol: :lol: :lol: Nope. You've not "launched" anything here but an endless tirade of gibberish, so far as I can tell. You're just not all that Rich!! Still waiting for anything relevant or topical. :roll:

But thanks for the humor. What a hoot! LOL 8)

When will this topic be locked too I wonder??? Surely that will not deter this troll. Oh well.....

:-s :?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 593
Location: king of prussia, pa
Frankly, you do not understand me.

126:0.2 (1386.2) This important period in Jesus’ youthful development began with the conclusion of the Jerusalem visit and with his return to Nazareth. At first Mary was happy in the thought that she had her boy back once more, that Jesus had returned home to be a dutiful son—not that he was ever anything else—and that he would henceforth be more responsive to her plans for his future life. But she was not for long to bask in this sunshine of maternal delusion and unrecognized family pride; very soon she was to be more completely disillusioned. More and more the boy was in the company of his father; less and less did he come to her with his problems, while increasingly both his parents failed to comprehend his frequent alternation between the affairs of this world and the contemplation of his relation to his Father’s business. Frankly, they did not understand him, but they did truly love him.

maryjo606 wrote:
Quote:
you've a will and whims.
71:2.12 (802.6) 3. The reign of law. Liberty can be enjoyed only when the will and whims of human rulers are replaced by legislative enactments in accordance with accepted fundamental law.


Rich, this does not even make sense.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group