Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:17 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Have anyone here studied the book mentioned? What are your opinions about it? Do you recommend it for additional studies?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Try this link to additional study guides and aids:

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/study

The work you cite is included.

Enjoy!

8)

PostPosted:  

Thank you.

Have you personally found this book valueable or do you have something to comment about it? O:)

PostPosted:  

I did read/study most of these works by Sadler, Sr. and Jr. long ago.

Very insightful and helpful in expanding the perspective and reality paradigm.

Some great philosophic presentations and wonderful appreciation of paradox and the limits of finite perspective

From the study:.

CHAPTER II

THE EVOLUTIONARY ANTITHESIS

The Challenge of Imperfection: Growth Capacity

God the Sevenfold: Evolutional Deity

The Emptiness of Imperfection: Growth Capacity

The Challenge of Power-Personality Unification

Challenge and Response

In the present universe age the central and divine universe is obviously the Creative Thesis of Perfection. The superuniverses (starting as imperfect creations) are the great antithesis of Havona perfection. These imperfect universes constitute the greatest possible challenge to those personalities of Paradise and Havona who are the creators and administrators of the evolutionary realms of time and space. Theirs was the first great adventure– the Supreme Adventure – the bringing of the perfection of eternity and divinity out into the evolutionary domains of original imperfection.

God the Sevenfold was (and is) the Deity response to the challenge of imperfec­tion. And God the Sevenfold brings the counter-challenge of divine perfection into the very heart of the evolutionary realms, even to the inhabited worlds themselves, through the creature bestowals of the Paradise Sons of God.

§ 1. THE CHALLENGE OF IMPERFECTION

This study advances the opinion that God is possessed of those qualities of being that are ancestral to that enjoyment of adventure– a responsiveness to the stimulus of challenge – which appears in the character of progressive creatures. Why else would be suddenly confront the Paradise-Havona system of eternal perfection with the startling challenge of the abysmal imperfection of the seven superuniverses?

8)

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter, I have read the Master Universe Study book, too. It's been awhile, but I really loved it when I read it, and I would definitely recommend that you give it a try.

The link that fanofvan gave you is quite good, and will help you. Sadler wrote a lot of extra material. Here's the specific address:
https://www.urantia.org/appendices-study-master-universe/appendices-study-master-universe

Best Wishes...

PostPosted:  

Thank you very much :smile:

Could you by the way recommend/share some of your favourite secondary works relating to the UB? O:)

PostPosted:  

I guess my most current favorite is The Untold Story of Jesus.

You can read about it and see a short video here https://truthbook.com/untold-story-of-jesus/

PostPosted:  

Also...

https://urantiapress.org/the-parables-of-jesus/

In my opinion, the most profound set of teachings ever uttered or written on our world... until, but included in, the 5th Epochal Revelation.

PostPosted:  

maryjo606, yeah I thought about exploring that work too. :smile:

May I ask in what way it is different than the UB material? Is it largely composed of quatiotions or creative paraphrasing/interpreting?

Last edited by Rhinodonter on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:08 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
Yeah I thought about exploring that work too. :smile:

May I ask in what way it is different than the UB material? Is it largely composed of quatiotions or creative paraphrasing?

From the introduction:

"To most people, the most engaging and accessible part of The Urantia Book is Part IV: The Life and Teachings of Jesus. Encompassing the final third of the book, it is a panoramic and masterfully crafted narrative detailing thirty-six years of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth.

This illustrated collection of forty-two parables of Jesus is drawn entirely from The Urantia Book. It is presented in a beautifully designed layout and illustrated with modern photographic compositions and classic works of art. It is sure to become a favorite volume for those seeking to better understand and benefit from Jesus’ teachings.

Jesus was a teacher who taught as the occasion served; he was not a systematic teacher. Jesus taught not so much from the law as from life, by parables. This was especially true during the last year of his public ministry as the parable allowed him to present new and startling truths to those who desired to know the better way while at the same time affording his enemies less opportunity to find cause for offense and for accusations against him.

These parables represent a mighty storehouse of moral and spiritual teachings which have come down through the ages unblemished by the doctrines and dogmas of men.

They are, quite simply, a pearl of great price."

PostPosted:  

I feel it will pretty soon become another great book on my shelf. :D

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
Thank you very much :smile:

Could you by the way recommend/share some of your favourite secondary works relating to the UB? O:)

Hi Rhinodonter. This link is to seven novels based in the Urantia Book:

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-E-Warren/e/B07SF8DC3C?

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:

Hi Rhinodonter. This link is to seven novels based in the Urantia Book:

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-E-Warren/e/B07SF8DC3C?

Hi Rick! I've read Ressurection Hall and greatly enjoyed it. I'm definitely looking forward to read The Nonbreathers & the First Fusers next. I appreciate your creative take.
All the best O:)