All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Jubilee of Jubilees
PostPosted:  

Coming up this weekend...

Quote:
The Jubilee of Jubilees ~

Sunday May 15, 2022

Dear Urantia Family brothers and sisters,

Below is the Program for our Urantia Family Celebration of The Jubilee of Jubilees.

This interactive Urantia Family Celebration will allow us to express our Love and Gratitude to our Divine Local Universe Parents, Michael and Mother Spirit.

We invite you to read the essay below written by Brother Josh Wilson about The Jubilee.

Eleven (11) major events happened on that same day of His Ascension on May 18, 30 AD.

Read Full Essay on The Jubilee here: https://assetrepository.urantiabook.org/AssetRepository/Newsletter/Proclaim+the+Jubilee.pdf

Pre-Program
Music of Tchaikovsky “Hymn of the Cherubim” before the start
If you wish to join the Remembrance closing ceremony, make sure
to have a peace of bread or cracker and some wine or juice ready

Program
Part 1
Video of "Starry Starry Night" with UB lyrics written by Rick Lyon
Words of Welcome by your hosts Josh Wilson and Diane Labrecque
Opening PRAYER FOR UNITY by Paula Thompson and Gard Jameson
Words of Welcome by The Urantia Foundation President Mo Siegel
Welcome by The Urantia Association International President Enrique Traver
Welcome by the Urantia Book Fellowship President Sue Snider Seccombe
Welcome to the Spanish and Portuguese participants by Pablo Morales

Part 2
Explanation of The Jubilee of Jubilees by Brother Josh Wilson
"Just The Way You Are" with Cristina Seaborn and Josh Wilson Jazz
Testimonial of Love and Gratitude by our sister Barbara Newsom
A Poetic Word of Gratitude to Michael and Mother by Katharina Becker
Song "Greatest Gift" composed by Johnprosper Kyomujuni from Uganda
Contribution by Chuck Thurston from The Cosmic Citizen Radio Show
A word from Derek Samaras of Urantia Book Network phone app

Part 3
Video The Jubilee of Jubilees by Jim Watkins of Urantia Radio Podcast
Praise from Podcast host of "Nick Curto Presents THE URANTIA BOOK"
Message of Love from Rick and Susan Lyon from Cosmic Creations
Video of The Jesus Metaverse project and message from Gabriel Rymberg
Special video of our Universe and Jesus with ‘eyes open’ by Gary Tonge

Part 4
Slide presentation “Angels all around us” with UB quotes by artist Patrick Yesh
"Spirit of Wisdom" by Cristina Seaborn and featured artists (prepare for Remembrance)
Worshipful Communion with Susan Meyers and Geoff Taylor from Urantia University Institute
A Brief Remembrance Close by André Radatus also from Urantia University Institute
"Remember Me" video song dedicated to Jesus by Rick and Susan Lyon of Cosmic Creations
Closing words of Thank you! by your hosts Brother Josh Wilson and Diane Labrecque

Your Time Zone on
Sunday May 15, 2022

Hawaii

7 AM

Alaska

9 AM

Pacific

10 AM

Arizona

10 AM

Mountain

11 AM

Central

12 PM Noon

Mexico City

12 PM Noon

Eastern

1 PM

Argentina/Brazil

2 PM

Senegal

5 PM

England/Portugal/Algeria

6 PM

Spain/Germany/Italy

7 PM

Sweden

7 PM

France/Belgium/Egypt

7 PM

Israel/Saudi Arabia/Moscow

8 PM

Uganda/Kenya

8 PM

Mumbai/ New Delhi

10:30 PM

Join Our Zoom Meeting

https://urantiabook-org.zoom.us/j/84879794730?pwd=NFlVRFJqNG9uc09MbEtCc05yamI3dz09

Meeting ID: 848 7979 4730

Passcode: 399929

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,84879794730# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,84879794730# US (Houston)

Dial by your location

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Due to the large number of attendees, please make sure to close all your other programs.

We look forward to welcoming all of you to the celebration of our Local Universe Parents’ Jubilee of Jubilees!

On behalf of Brother Josh Wilson -musical@cox.net
Diane Labrecque -diane.labrecque@videotron.ca

We send you Peace and Love

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thank you for the article Maryjo,
This is all very interesting that this Brother Josh Wilson fellow has taken it upon himself to create a liturgical churchy-style holiday for us Urantians to celebrate every year ..... uh I don't think so. He can worship and do as he wishes as should we all.
In the attached article above Mr. Wilson references 33:3.5's recital of the jubilee of jubilees, a singular celebration on Salvington which witnessed the enthronement of Michal as the Sovereign Son and his same time declaration of the Creative Mother Spirit consort being declared his equal in Local Universe rule from that time forward. No mention is made of this being a " ongoing yearly anniversary celebration."
Mr Wilson goes on in his article to assert other things as facts and we should do this and that whereas these things are just his opinions and viewpoints.
I prefer Michael's teaching of the simple Gospel of the Kingdom and the development a personal relationship with the father and through the Spirit(s).
TUB recites elsewhere warning against the having of exclusive congregations for worship as having non-unifying tendencies and this may be the basis for us not seeing the creation of "Urantia Churches". Perhaps the last thing we need to involve ourselves in is the creation of forms, dogmas, rituals - much less a new religious institution governed by men. True, the existing institutions would not now exist excepting for the congregants preferring such styles of worship .... but that's the old way and the 5th Epochal Revelation has bought us again the new and better way taught us by Michael himself.
In all of this I am only speaking for myself - I am not going to get involved in any UB based or "inspired" religious dogma or ritual. It is recorded of the Father that he is no respecter of persons - that no one is special - we are all equally his beloved children. Likewise, there are no special places and I will extrapolate from that (not recalling any UB related passages at the moment), that this may also be extended to Numbers and Times. These are just things and things are not special.
Early on in my studies I imagined Jesus looking upon us with kind-hearted pity the Christians celebrating his birthday anniversary every year not withstanding having the day and even the year incorrect as to fact. I thought to myself - If Jesus were to come here and hand us a list of 10,000 things he wanted us to get up and go do .... celebrating his earthly birthday wouldn't be on the list. I do not go out of my way to celebrate the anniversary of his earthly birthday on August 21st and I tell you Jesus thinks none the less of me for not doing so. Some have said we should grow up and set aside the childish ways.
I have always felt that Every day is a Good Day and every day is the same. Life is unspeakably glorious and we should live in celebratory victory and gladness and thankfulness every day. Every Day should be Mothers Day and Fathers Day and Kids Day and Life Day. Every Day is Good while no day is especial.
So .... if I were given a vote, I would vote against Mr. Wilson's idea and I certainly reject outright some of his opinion-assertions. I am not "joining his church" and am slightly resentful of his trying to tell me what to do.
The only this Jesus asked of us personally was to remember him and his service to us before we take a meal.
Will it hurt anything to participate in Brother Wilson's proposed celebration? No ... not unless it ends up being turned into Ritual and Dogma. Likewise, it isn't hurting anything to not participate in his program either. If this should turn into ritual and dogma then you may very well see THIS Group do it over and saying "we are right" and THAT Group over there saying "no, we don't believe in participating in this ritual and you guys are wrong" and there ya go - Unity Of Purpose right out the window again. I'm not going there.

PostPosted:  

Hmmmm....

Symbols and ceremonies are important to mortals. Perhaps to celestials too? Celebrating momentous occasions seems to be universal including spirit personalities as well as celestials and mortals alike.

Jesus did quite intentionally originate the Rememberence ceremony and symbol of his time among us just before his murder and resurrection. We might ponder the significance of this and the meaning/values of both symbols and ceremonies for the socialization of religious experience and expression.

Certainly agree we don't need another evolutionary religion. But knowing so many of those involved in yesterday's gathering and celebration, I have no worries about their motives or intentions.

8)

Rodan had some interesting things to say about symbols:

160:2.1 (1775.2) There are just two ways in which mortals may live together: the material or animal way and the spiritual or human way. By the use of signals and sounds animals are able to communicate with each other in a limited way. But such forms of communication do not convey meanings, values, or ideas. The one distinction between man and the animal is that man can communicate with his fellows by means of symbols which most certainly designate and identify meanings, values, ideas, and even ideals.

160:2.8 (1776.2) 3. The enthusiasm for living. Isolation tends to exhaust the energy charge of the soul. Association with one’s fellows is essential to the renewal of the zest for life and is indispensable to the maintenance of the courage to fight those battles consequent upon the ascent to the higher levels of human living. Friendship enhances the joys and glorifies the triumphs of life. Loving and intimate human associations tend to rob suffering of its sorrow and hardship of much of its bitterness. The presence of a friend enhances all beauty and exalts every goodness. By intelligent symbols man is able to quicken and enlarge the appreciative capacities of his friends. One of the crowning glories of human friendship is this power and possibility of the mutual stimulation of the imagination. Great spiritual power is inherent in the consciousness of wholehearted devotion to a common cause, mutual loyalty to a cosmic Deity.

160:5.10 (1782.1) I see in the teachings of Jesus, religion at its best. This gospel enables us to seek for the true God and to find him. But are we willing to pay the price of this entrance into the kingdom of heaven? Are we willing to be born again? to be remade? Are we willing to be subject to this terrible and testing process of self-destruction and soul reconstruction? Has not the Master said: “Whoso would save his life must lose it. Think not that I have come to bring peace but rather a soul struggle”? True, after we pay the price of dedication to the Father’s will, we do experience great peace provided we continue to walk in these spiritual paths of consecrated living.

160:5.11 (1782.2) Now are we truly forsaking the lures of the known order of existence while we unreservedly dedicate our quest to the lures of the unknown and unexplored order of the existence of a future life of adventure in the spirit worlds of the higher idealism of divine reality. And we seek for those symbols of meaning wherewith to convey to our fellow men these concepts of the reality of the idealism of the religion of Jesus, and we will not cease to pray for that day when all mankind shall be thrilled by the communal vision of this supreme truth. Just now, our focalized concept of the Father, as held in our hearts, is that God is spirit; as conveyed to our fellows, that God is love.

160:5.12 (1782.3) The religion of Jesus demands living and spiritual experience. Other religions may consist in traditional beliefs, emotional feelings, philosophic consciousness, and all of that, but the teaching of the Master requires the attainment of actual levels of real spirit progression.

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

5. Establishing the Remembrance Supper

179:5.1 (1941.6) As they brought Jesus the third cup of wine, the “cup of blessing,” he arose from the couch and, taking the cup in his hands, blessed it, saying: “Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father’s eternal kingdom.”

179:5.2 (1942.1) The apostles all sensed that something out of the ordinary was transpiring as they drank of this cup of blessing in profound reverence and perfect silence. The old Passover commemorated the emergence of their fathers from a state of racial slavery into individual freedom; now the Master was instituting a new remembrance supper as a [b]symbol of the new dispensation wherein the enslaved individual emerges from the bondage of ceremonialism and selfishness into the spiritual joy of the brotherhood and fellowship of the liberated faith sons of the living God.[/b]

179:5.3 (1942.2) When they had finished drinking this new cup of remembrance, the Master took up the bread and, after giving thanks, broke it in pieces and, directing them to pass it around, said: “Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life.” When they had partaken of the bread of remembrance, the symbol of the living word of truth incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, they all sat down.

179:5.4 (1942.3) In instituting this remembrance supper, the Master, as was always his habit, resorted to parables and symbols. He employed symbols because he wanted to teach certain great spiritual truths in such a manner as to make it difficult for his successors to attach precise interpretations and definite meanings to his words. In this way he sought to prevent successive generations from crystallizing his teaching and binding down his spiritual meanings by the dead chains of tradition and dogma. In the establishment of the only ceremony or sacrament associated with his whole life mission, Jesus took great pains to suggest his meanings rather than to commit himself to precise definitions. He did not wish to destroy the individual’s concept of divine communion by establishing a precise form; neither did he desire to limit the believer’s spiritual imagination by formally cramping it. He rather sought to set man’s reborn soul free upon the joyous wings of a new and living spiritual liberty.

179:5.5 (1942.4) Notwithstanding the Master’s effort thus to establish this new sacrament of the remembrance, those who followed after him in the intervening centuries saw to it that his express desire was effectively thwarted in that his simple spiritual symbolism of that last night in the flesh has been reduced to precise interpretations and subjected to the almost mathematical precision of a set formula. Of all Jesus’ teachings none have become more tradition-standardized.

179:5.6 (1942.5) [b]This supper of remembrance, when it is partaken of by those who are Son-believing and God-knowing, does not need to have associated with its symbolism any of man’s puerile misinterpretations regarding the meaning of the divine presence, for upon all such occasions the Master is really present. The remembrance supper is the believer’s symbolic rendezvous with Michael. [/b]When you become thus spirit-conscious, the Son is actually present, and his spirit fraternizes with the indwelling fragment of his Father.

179:5.7 (1942.6) After they had engaged in meditation for a few moments, Jesus continued speaking: “When you do these things, recall the life I have lived on earth among you and rejoice that I am to continue to live on earth with you and to serve through you. As individuals, contend not among yourselves as to who shall be greatest. Be you all as brethren. And when the kingdom grows to embrace large groups of believers, likewise should you refrain from contending for greatness or seeking preferment between such groups.”

179:5.8 (1943.1) And this mighty occasion took place in the upper chamber of a friend. There was nothing of sacred form or of ceremonial consecration about either the supper or the building. The remembrance supper was established without ecclesiastical sanction.

179:5.9 (1943.2) When Jesus had thus established the supper of the remembrance, he said to the eleven: “And as often as you do this, do it in remembrance of me. And when you do remember me, first look back upon my life in the flesh, recall that I was once with you, and then, by faith, discern that you shall all sometime sup with me in the Father’s eternal kingdom. This is the new Passover which I leave with you, even the memory of my bestowal life, the word of eternal truth; and of my love for you, the outpouring of my Spirit of Truth upon all flesh.”

179:5.10 (1943.3) And they ended this celebration of the old but bloodless Passover in connection with the inauguration of the new supper of the remembrance, by singing, all together, the one hundred and eighteenth Psalm.

8)

Shall we share or shun this ceremonial celebration initiated by the Master?

Aren't dogma and creed something else perhaps after all???

PostPosted:  

For me it was an enjoyable and loving three and a half hour celebration of our kinship with God, the Master, the Mother, and each other, that was topped off with a very touching reenactment of the Last Supper. There were over 200 participants, four language groups (with simultaneous translations), and a dozen or so presenters. I think it's the kind of meeting of minds and hearts that is needed going forward in Urantian religious evolution.