Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:02 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Give it a closer look and study. If you keep yourself in the Urantia book you're ignoring a sea of knowledge.

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who
must use the words.It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is
in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas in disguise.

I will give you a glance of information based on a linguistic research on the lizard race and ancient texts:

The compound mal'akh (that is translated as angels in the Bible) denotes a shining serpent interpreted as a radiant king. His cognomen is identical with the title Majesty pictured as a flaming snake
or watching eye. Ancient descriptions record 'angels' as 'sailors or mariners' of heaven,labelled variously as 'tsabaoth' (the crew members).

The association between the watchers (book of Enoch) and the serpent is pertinent.

Book of Judges 12:5-6 Shibboleth

Written in esoteric language, the parable details the angelic wars between men and deities in opposition to the 'shibboleth'(river), designating the 'shi'a bariyth ( contract). An historical narrative, the incident documents a division within the priesthood itself and the reversal of the covenant. Initiation into the covenant, covertly the 'shibboleth' or shi'a-bariyth recollects the 'Sabi' priests.
Shibboleth'(river) signals the 'Sibulla or Shibulla' (a Priestess or Oracle). Collectively the 'Star People'(the Sabi) are identified with the tsabaoth.

Traditions of the 'host' tsabbaoth are assimilated linguistically with the watchers (Hebrew tsofe) identical with the 'tsabaoth' or the 'fallen dragon'. Tsabaoth is a permutation on the Egyptian vernacular 'tchaba' (meaning army or soldiers)

"Yahweh" and his Elohim are depicted as conquerors of the worlds and the domesticator of mankind.

Jesus refers himself to Yahweh as the devil, the deceiver a murder since the beginning. Also Jesus paraphrases a story from the book of Numbers when the people of Israel were starving in the
desert and Yahweh sent them serpents to bite them.

If you get yourself emotionally attached to a book or a fold of information you will never become a researcher for the truth

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

ketsune23 - While I do continue to study the UB, I certainly enjoy the "sea of knowledge" and do not confine, restrict, or limit myself to any singular text or source as implied.

But as this place (Truthbook Forum) is a study group and classroom for students of the Urantia Papers and about that text, the topics and discussions here are, quite appropriately, focused on that particular source.

The UB so often conflicts with our personal preconceptions and misperceptions and beliefs and understanding and misunderstanding and our own universe reality perspective, but still it remains the focus here.

You have claimed here that the UB is internally inconsistent. As that claim is an opinion about the contents of the Urantia Papers, I am interested in any examples you might wish to share. I have found no such examples in my 50 years of diligently looking for them.

But this is no audience or platform for your alien snake/lizard masters of the universe conspiracy theories and related so called scholarship or personal beliefs and theological presentments about those.

8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

ketsune23 wrote:
Dogmas and beliefs are relative, and I am not interested in what is relative, but what is truthful and undeniable. We can speculate about many things but the Urantia Book has no intention of speculating but presenting a factual truth same as any "holy book" the book assumes the existence of many characters and races and celestial beings that aren't subjective and played a role in the past and origins of humankind and also in the present and future.

There is a truth that is not subjective, and that truth is the one I am interested in......

Hmmm.....it seems you are attempting here to ignore or even dispute the obvious facts about and function of knowledge, understanding, integration, experience, and wisdom related to both truth AND fact. There is truth that is objective and absolute and total but truth is subjective and relative for mortals and all personalities everywhere that are evolutionary and experiential and those who gain knowledge and wisdom over time.

While truth contains all that is true (and/or truthful), that which is true/truthful does not constrain or encompass truth. Truth grows according to our discovery and understanding of what is true I think. I myself limit truth by my lack of personal knowledge and understanding and experiential wisdom about what is true...and that which is not true at all.

7. Divine Truth and Beauty

2:7.1 (42.2) All finite knowledge and creature understanding are relative. Information and intelligence, gleaned from even high sources, is only relatively complete, locally accurate, and personally true.

2:7.2 (42.3) Physical facts are fairly uniform, but truth is a living and flexible factor in the philosophy of the universe. Evolving personalities are only partially wise and relatively true in their communications. They can be certain only as far as their personal experience extends. That which apparently may be wholly true in one place may be only relatively true in another segment of creation.

2:7.3 (42.4) Divine truth, final truth, is uniform and universal, but the story of things spiritual, as it is told by numerous individuals hailing from various spheres, may sometimes vary in details owing to this relativity in the completeness of knowledge and in the repleteness of personal experience as well as in the length and extent of that experience. While the laws and decrees, the thoughts and attitudes, of the First Great Source and Center are eternally, infinitely, and universally true; at the same time, their application to, and adjustment for, every universe, system, world, and created intelligence, are in accordance with the plans and technique of the Creator Sons as they function in their respective universes, as well as in harmony with the local plans and procedures of the Infinite Spirit and of all other associated celestial personalities.

8)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
After studying the book for 3 years I came to the conclusion that the Urantia Book is not a revelation and I proceed to explain why

Quote:
I believe that dirty hands added things to the book that were not part of the original manuscripts.

ketsune23 I think that you contradicted yourself in your initial entry. First you said that you now firmly belive that TUB is not a revelation therefore of human origin and then at the end of your post you assumed that some distorted information was ADDED to it and that addition ruins it for you. How that does making any sense? Explain what the distortion was added into\ built upon if only the flawed distortion bothered you. So do you belive that it is a revelation ruined by human additions or is it entirely made up by humans, therefore making your latter statement contradictory.
Peace :)