Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:55 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Of Meaning and Value
PostPosted:  

What a strange pond this is. Without warrant, one of its tadpoles has taken it upon itself to do everything in its power to block any frog from helping out the pond's tadpoles in their natural process of growing up. The derangement and futility of this is quite amusing.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
What a strange pond this is. Without warrant, one of its tadpoles has taken it upon itself to do everything in its power to block any frog from helping out the pond's tadpoles in their natural process of growing up. The derangement and futility of this is quite amusing.

So....you think Jim has fused with his TA??

Otherwise, just another mortal tadpole after all.

The evolutionary worlds are tadpole ponds Enno. Frogs fly to heaven if in the tadpole pond upon fusion. Otherwise, I think most of us tadpoles become frogs on the Mansion Worlds to come!!

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:56 pm +0000, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

If you aren't already, I think you are dangerously close to being fused with hatred and malice forever.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

If you aren't already, I think you are dangerously close to being fused with hatred and malice forever.

Hate?? How counterproductive! Such an irrelevant and ineffective sin. Consuming. Corrupting. Pointless. Irrational. Self destructive. Silly really.

But you are welcome to your opinions....

Welcome back Enno.

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book is not like a McDonald's cheeseburger science experiment put up in a closet in a paper bag to see what it will look like in 20 years.

The Urantia Book is more like that same cheeseburger eaten, consumed and digested in order to help your soul exponentially grow.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
The Urantia Book is not like a McDonald's cheeseburger science experiment put up in a closet in a paper bag to see what it will look like in 20 years.

The Urantia Book is more like that same cheeseburger eaten, consumed and digested in order to help your soul exponentially grow.

Hmmmm.....perhaps experientially?

Very tasty...and nutritious! :wink:

I agree...exponentially too!! Epochal Revelation is a form of planetary progress and personal spiritization accellerant. Consider the effects of the Spirit of Truth on our world and also each soul since the flood of Adjusters!!

The 5th was given to reduce confusion and eliminate the errors of human perspective and provide assurance of God's friendly universe and our planetary destiny and end anxiety about the adventures of uncertainty.

How is it I wonder that some find only doom and gloom and preach disappointment and doubts???

The UB speaks so eloquently and encouragingly about the human nature and Deity connection and that faith experience which delivers the fruits of the Spirit despite any and all ignorance, superstitions, doubts, confusions, and false beliefs.

That, I think is the meaning and value of the Papers. Enlightenment, encouragement, inspiration, illumination, and food for the journey on the path to Paradise!

Yummy... 8)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
How is it I wonder that some find only doom and gloom and preach disappointment and doubts???

Brady, it is hard not to be subject to doom and gloom as we watch once again your efforts to undermine a sincere student of the revelation here. What you see is not what I or others see. Your nitpicking is extreme and bizarre. It's the same old pattern. I thought it was better there for a few posts, but you have started again.

Please stop. It is all so unnecessary to be so abrasive. You come across as a very unfrendly and hostile person, no matter the seemngly lighthearted banter. Is that what you want?

Please STOP.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Frogs fly to heaven if in the tadpole pond upon fusion.

For those who may have just recently discovered the book and come here out of interest to see what the Urantia Book is all about, I think it's very disheartening to see you, someone who purports himself to be an expert in what the book says, make up something full cloth that the book does not say.

The tadpole reference has to do with growth. The growth of how a tadpole eventually becomes a frog. The authors of the Urantia Book made no analogy to a frog being the same thing as a human becoming fused. Here or anywhere.

But everyone can see why you make such deceptions. Which is apparently something you don't seem to care about.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
Frogs fly to heaven if in the tadpole pond upon fusion.

For those who may have just recently discovered the book and come here out of interest to see what the Urantia Book is all about, I think it's very disheartening to see you, someone who purports himself to be an expert in what the book says, make up something full cloth that the book does not say.

The tadpole reference has to do with growth. The growth of how a tadpole eventually becomes a frog. The authors of the Urantia Book made no analogy to a frog being the same thing as a human becoming fused. Here or anywhere.

But everyone can see why you make such deceptions. Which is apparently something you don't seem to care about.

Deceptions?? Interesting accusation.

It is true that the tadpole metaphor has always delighted me as quite illuminating and inspiring!! I would not want to twist something so delightfully eloquent into deception.

My interpretation of the tadpole text is that tadpoles are not baby frogs or little frogs but become completely transformed, from tails and fins and gills to lungs and legs, and from living underwater to life above on the lilly pads!! Interestingly, tadpoles go through about 7 stages, or metamorphic states (psychic circles anyone?), to become whole new beings (fused maybe?).

I think the quote is a beautiful illustration of how mortals become immortals. Indeed this is but a personal interpretation! However, it is meant to be joyful and inclusive!!

100:1.3 (1094.5) Give every developing child a chance to grow his own religious experience; do not force a ready-made adult experience upon him. Remember, year-by-year progress through an established educational regime does not necessarily mean intellectual progress, much less spiritual growth. Enlargement of vocabulary does not signify development of character. Growth is not truly indicated by mere products but rather by progress. Real educational growth is indicated by enhancement of ideals, increased appreciation of values, new meanings of values, and augmented loyalty to supreme values.

100:1.4 (1094.6) Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today—grow—and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

:idea:

As soul growth and religious experience are the topic here, perhaps the tadpole concept is appropriate to consider?

Paper 100 offers so much on the subject!

8)

Soon after the tadpole quote:

100:1.6 (1095.1) Religious experience is markedly influenced by physical health, inherited temperament, and social environment. But these temporal conditions do not inhibit inner spiritual progress by a soul dedicated to the doing of the will of the Father in heaven. There are present in all normal mortals certain innate drives toward growth and self-realization which function if they are not specifically inhibited. The certain technique of fostering this constitutive endowment of the potential of spiritual growth is to maintain an attitude of wholehearted devotion to supreme values.

100:1.7 (1095.2) Religion cannot be bestowed, received, loaned, learned, or lost. It is a personal experience which grows proportionally to the growing quest for final values. Cosmic growth thus attends on the accumulation of meanings and the ever-expanding elevation of values. But nobility itself is always an unconscious growth.

100:1.8 (1095.3) Religious habits of thinking and acting are contributory to the economy of spiritual growth. One can develop religious predispositions toward favorable reaction to spiritual stimuli, a sort of conditioned spiritual reflex. Habits which favor religious growth embrace cultivated sensitivity to divine values, recognition of religious living in others, reflective meditation on cosmic meanings, worshipful problem solving, sharing one’s spiritual life with one’s fellows, avoidance of selfishness, refusal to presume on divine mercy, living as in the presence of God. The factors of religious growth may be intentional, but the growth itself is unvaryingly unconscious.

100:3.6 (1097.3) The association of actuals and potentials equals growth, the experiential realization of values. But growth is not mere progress. Progress is always meaningful, but it is relatively valueless without growth. The supreme value of human life consists in growth of values, progress in meanings, and realization of the cosmic interrelatedness of both of these experiences. And such an experience is the equivalent of God-consciousness. Such a mortal, while not supernatural, is truly becoming superhuman; an immortal soul is evolving.

Or....the tadpole is becoming the frog??

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
However, it is meant to be joyful and inclusive!!

Inclusive?

You have been anything but inclusive. Whenever someone has expressed an opinion that's different from yours, you routinely and rudely attack them. This has been going on for years and I think it is the main reason why very few long time members do not participate anymore in these discussions.

Why the owners of this website continue to allow you to do what you do is rather mind blowing. I often wonder how many have decided not to pursue reading the book after just discovering it and coming to this forum and seeing how you go about things.

Why aren't you aware of this? Or if you are, why don't you care?

PostPosted:  

And this my friends is why we can't have nice things

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
So...."sharing" our "fruit" is not a commandment. Rather, it is an irresistible and inevitable expression of our religious experience. Indeed, children and barbarians demonstrate the sharing and caring of the very human expressions of the Divine Connection. In fact, the very birth of soul is proof and validation of this connection AND our personal response to that connection!!

Kindness, generosity, affection, friendship, loyalty, duty, forgiveness, love,sacrifice, service, morality, and ethics are all proof positive of our humanity, the Divine Connection, and personal religious experience and growth. None of these are possible, not one of them (!), is possible without Spirit connection and personal response to the Spirit within.

Meaning is never, and can never be, meaningless. Meaning, by definition, has and is meaning. There is no value without meaning...meaning is the very doorway to value. Or so the UB teaches us.

And of course, the source of fact and meaning is the same source of all value...and all truth...and all reality. The First Source. That which is real has meaning. The understanding of meaning delivers value. There can be no value without meaning. The understanding of meaning is the value of reality and the very essence of BEING.

All value is discovered only by our quest for meaning, as we perceive and learn to understand universe reality. Life has meaning. Universe reality has meaning. The value of reality is found in that personal quest for meaning, or the understanding of reality.

Or so I understand the UB to teach.

8)

I truly admire all my fellow religionists who find meaning and value in the rites, traditions, ceremonies, and celebrations of all faiths, and who find comfort and inspiration and guidance along the path to Paradise. So many billions of God's faith children to admire and emulate on their personal quest to live lives of meaning!!! What value to behold and experience others' expressions of their Divine Connection!!

So...every single act of human kindness and hope and idealism is an expression of the Divine Connection and human religious experience. It is our sincerity and intentions and motivation that are measured by God assess our value as the children of time.

Any and every expression of faith has meaning and value...eternal meaning and eternal value! Every such experience and expression of faith is a treasure to embrace and to celebrate and to give joyful recognition of such meaningful value!

Wow!!! :biggrin:

So Enno, you don't think I am inclusive??

But it is not I who expresses endless disappointment in the religious experience of others Nod. I celebrate God's 7 billion children and their inspiring struggles and hopes and ideals and their noble endeavors to overcome uncertainty and suffering by their Divine Connection and personal religious experience, which demonstrates the accelerating trajectory of planetary progress and the mighty success of the Most Highs and Michael’s gifts of Epochal Revelation and Spirit of Truth to our world.

I celebrate the Tadpole Way and do not criticize anybody else's struggles or progress or religious experiences or expression of that personal experience!! I do object to others speaking for others or telling others what "we" are not doing right or what "we" should be doing, and I also object to those who are blind to Urantia's obvious progress and destiny!

I am grateful for the chance to consider the inspiring truth and perspective presented in Paper 100!

Papers 100-103 describe this Tadpole Way as the natural faith experience which is expressed by hopes, ideals, kindness, generosity, patience, forgiveness, loyalty, duty, service, and live demonstrated by billions of souls every day on this world!!

Such assurance is the message of the Revelation. Or so I understand the UB to teach.

Happy Trails To All !! :D

Bradly...just another tadpole in the pond...

8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I ...... do not criticize anybody else's struggles or progress or religious experiences or expression of that experience!!

Yes you do. Why do you persist in making false statements? Don't you see that you're ruining the spirit of this forum by so doing?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
I ...... do not criticize anybody else's struggles or progress or religious experiences or expression of that experience!!

Yes you do. Why do you persist in making false statements? Don't you see that you're ruining the spirit of this forum by so doing?

Any examples?? False statements??

So...I am not criticizing Jim's religious experience, but rather I am criticizing and disagreeing with his criticism of everybody else's personal religious experience. There is quite a difference actually.

Hmmm....

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
So...I am not criticizing Jim's religious experience, but rather I am criticism and disagreeing with his criticism of everybody else's personal religious experience.

No, you're not. You're not "disagreeing" with him. You're trying to assassinate his character. And you do this with others too.