Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

“As I paced, I became more and more aware of the presence that had invaded my life. I was also increasingly aware that I accurately understood the significance of the condition of human affairs on the planet versus the state of affairs God intends for humanity. I realized the period of we humans being allowed to act like rowdy children in relation to him was coming to an end. I was informed that we have a greater destiny than we have allowed ourselves to realize. Soon we will know we are children of a loving God. The entire world will know. Not all will follow or change their ways at first, but all will know. We have made a mess of things and we will have to clean it up, but we will have direction from Heaven. I saw the beginning of our new awareness of and involvement with God and the beings who administer the universe for him.”

I wrote the paragraph above in 2012, 42 years after the life changing experience that it describes.

Epochs of revelation are designed to bring factual reality, the nature of Deity, and the interaction of Deity and humankind, into an increasingly obvious potential for human awareness. When the connection is severed, as it was by the Prince’s rebellion, and the default of Adam and Eve, the continuum of awareness is no longer as obvious. This has caused a marked lack of common appreciation of cultural values by mankind and has inaugurated an era of rampant individualism bordering on human anarchy. Lucifer’s folly is unmitigated self-will. Urantia is now experiencing just such a condition and our younger generations seem to be anxious to embrace it as fully as they can. Electronic media has enabled the entire world to pursue this misadventure simultaneously greatly accelerating the self-fulfillment transformation.

Reconnecting the continuum chain of revelation is unquestionably the most urgent need of mankind. That is why the Urantia Book is here. But it is so far unverified. This impending verification will reestablish the circuit of continuous conceptual opportunity for celestial insight. This is required so we may begin to rebuild the cultural symmetry of continuous Deity recognition and awareness. This link is “indispensable”.

“The continuing existence of the Planetary Adam and Eve, together with the pure-line nucleus of the violet race, imparts that stability of growth to Edenic culture by virtue of which it comes to act upon the civilization of the world with the compelling force of tradition. In these immortal Material Sons and Daughters we encounter the last and the indispensable link connecting God with man, bridging the almost infinite gulf between the eternal Creator and the lowest finite personalities of time. Here is a being of high origin who is physical, material, even a sex creature like Urantia mortals, one who can see and comprehend the invisible Planetary Prince and interpret him to the mortal creatures of the realm, for the Material Sons and Daughters are able to see all of the lower orders of spirit beings; they visualize the Planetary Prince and his entire staff, visible and invisible.”

The Urantia Book Paper 51 Section 6 Paragraph 5

The Urantia Book is therefore, the first volley in a succession of rebuilding stages all aimed at reestablishing the earthbound cultural component of celestial oversight. The next volley is verification. The final volley is likely the arrival of Machiventa Melchizedek and ostensibly his staff and entourage which will mark the culmination of this process. Whether Michael of Nebadon personally visits at that time or at some later date, remains unpredictable. What is clear is that the period from the inauguration of the Urantia Book to the arrival of the Planetary Prince will be highlighted by serious social disruption planet wide and no small degree of refocusing of purpose by Urantian societies. I like to think of the Urantia Book as a point of demarcation establishing the end of an era. Presently we are in the period beyond the point where we are not yet aware of the point, but that is about to change. We are about to reach the end of our rope; verification of the book is that point. There is no possibility that our arrival at the point where the Urantia Book becomes a verified and known reality won’t markedly change the social structure’s focus and therefore the structure itself.

By the irrevocable validation of the Urantia Book, alone, the world will know, and know it knows the following realities it currently does not know.

1. The fact of universal life on other planets and in the Universes.
2. The fact of intelligent life on other planets.
a. What that intelligent life thinks of God.
i. This will reveal the revelatory history of each civilization we become aware of, making our disbelief seem immature and ridiculous.
ii. Discovery of an advanced civilization that can explain the reality of God to us beyond our current knowledge and awareness will be like a small child talking about God with an inspired and educated adult.
b. What that intelligent life thinks of us.
c. What that intelligent life thinks about how life should be lived. It will be like having a big brother looking over our shoulder.
d. How many other life planets the other civilizations already know about.
3. The reality of celestial life.
4. The structure of the Universal Celestial Administration.
5. The import of celestial life in relation to our world-wide civilizations.
6. The import of celestial life in relation to each of us as individuals.
7. The ultimate purpose in life.
8. The reason we are in the situation we are in.
a. How we got this way.
b. The actions which are being done to get us to move beyond this period.
9. Our ultimate personal destiny.
10. Our ultimate planetary destiny.
11. How wrong we humans are currently about the meaning and value of life and its ultimate purpose.

The world will hardly know how to maintain itself during this impending period of social disruption. Everything we consider basic to our understanding of life will have to be reassessed. The education system will be completely re-designed. The legal systems will be completely re-designed. The religious systems will be completely re-designed. Our social administration systems, our governments will be completely re-designed.

This is the meaning of the following statements in Paper 196.

“The time is ripe to witness the figurative resurrection of the human Jesus from his burial tomb amidst the theological traditions and the religious dogmas of nineteen centuries. Jesus of Nazareth must not be longer sacrificed to even the splendid concept of the glorified Christ. What a transcendent service if, through this revelation, the Son of Man should be recovered from the tomb of traditional theology and be presented as the living Jesus to the church that bears his name, and to all other religions! Surely the Christian fellowship of believers will not hesitate to make such adjustments of faith and of practices of living as will enable it to “follow after” the Master in the demonstration of his real life of religious devotion to doing of his Father’s will and a consecration to the unselfish service of man. Do professed Christians fear the exposure of a self-sufficient and unconsecrated fellowship of social respectability and selfish economic maladjustment? Does institutional Christianity fear the possible jeopardy, or even the overthrow, of traditional ecclesiastical authority it the Jesus of Galilee is reinstated in the minds and souls of mortal men as the ideal of personal religious living? Indeed, the social readjustments, the economic transformations, the moral rejuvenations and the religious revisions of Christian civilization would be drastic and revolutionary if the living religion of Jesus should suddenly supplant the theologic religion about Jesus.”

The Urantia Book Paper 196 Section 1 Paragraph 2

I suppose there are those who are unable to conceptualize the scale of these events as occurring within a single human lifetime. I cannot conceive of a way this degree of change can be accomplished any other way. The mechanics are quite simple. Currently we have only a single perspective of reality as a planetary society. We only know all things through our own collective view. The sudden and irrevocable addition of another view, substantiated by living beings from another world or dimension, provides the same relative insight as would be assessed by the Native Americans meeting the Pilgrims for the first time. While this example has validity, the current state of planetary communication means that in this metaphor the native tribes on the Pacific Coast will know of the arrival of the Pilgrims within seconds of the event. Instant knowledge implies instant reaction. The time it will take to have the awareness of the additional perspective universally perceived is instantaneous. This means that the reaction will be spontaneous and uncontrollable by the powers that be. It will enable instant chaos. Individuals who practice doing God’s will provide necessary stability, they are the only ones who can.

In life we like to know that we can plan on things being as they are for the reasonably foreseeable future. We are all aware that a knock on the door of our home by members of the military, police or some other official, telling us of some event involving our loved ones provides us with an instant change of perspective on many issues. The events of 9/11 provide a similar set of criteria for many, Pearl Harbor did the same. All of these historical events pale in comparison to the kind of event I am calling attention to here. The arrival on our planet of unmistakable confirmation of celestial reality will instantly overwhelm every man, woman, and child on the planet. Life will be different . . . permanently. The Urantia Book is that information. But, so far, it has not been validated. Validation is a singularity type event. It rearranges every convention of mankind, all at once. Adjustment to that validation will take many lifetimes of growth.

There is only one event required to make this change happen. Someone must experience it; this is evolution in action. A human being must evolve; must realize its fact, meaning, and value! Someone must bridge the gulf and connect the circuit. Once and done. The circuit only needs one permanent connection to be complete. Every subsequent connection only strengthens it. That is how close we are to this watershed moment in the history of our planet. A single realization.

Like an electrical circuit, it only takes one connection to enable the flow of energy. When that happens, the lights all come on at once. The Fifth Epoch will have arrived.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
“As I paced, I became more and more aware of the presence that had invaded my life. I was also increasingly aware that I accurately understood the significance of the condition of human affairs on the planet versus the state of affairs God intends for humanity. I realized the period of we humans being allowed to act like rowdy children in relation to him was coming to an end. I was informed that we have a greater destiny than we have allowed ourselves to realize. Soon we will know we are children of a loving God. The entire world will know. Not all will follow or change their ways at first, but all will know. We have made a mess of things and we will have to clean it up, but we will have direction from Heaven. I saw the beginning of our new awareness of and involvement with God and the beings who administer the universe for him.”

I wrote the paragraph above in 2012, 42 years after the life changing experience that it describes.

Epochs of revelation are designed to bring factual reality, the nature of Deity, and the interaction of Deity and humankind, into an increasingly obvious potential for human awareness. When the connection is severed, as it was by the Prince’s rebellion, and the default of Adam and Eve, the continuum of awareness is no longer as obvious. This has caused a marked lack of common appreciation of cultural values by mankind and has inaugurated an era of rampant individualism bordering on human anarchy. Lucifer’s folly is unmitigated self-will. Urantia is now experiencing just such a condition and our younger generations seem to be anxious to embrace it as fully as they can. Electronic media has enabled the entire world to pursue this misadventure simultaneously greatly accelerating the self-fulfillment transformation.

Reconnecting the continuum chain of revelation is unquestionably the most urgent need of mankind. That is why the Urantia Book is here. But it is so far unverified. This impending verification will reestablish the circuit of continuous conceptual opportunity for celestial insight. This is required so we may begin to rebuild the cultural symmetry of continuous Deity recognition and awareness. This link is “indispensable”.

“The continuing existence of the Planetary Adam and Eve, together with the pure-line nucleus of the violet race, imparts that stability of growth to Edenic culture by virtue of which it comes to act upon the civilization of the world with the compelling force of tradition. In these immortal Material Sons and Daughters we encounter the last and the indispensable link connecting God with man, bridging the almost infinite gulf between the eternal Creator and the lowest finite personalities of time. Here is a being of high origin who is physical, material, even a sex creature like Urantia mortals, one who can see and comprehend the invisible Planetary Prince and interpret him to the mortal creatures of the realm, for the Material Sons and Daughters are able to see all of the lower orders of spirit beings; they visualize the Planetary Prince and his entire staff, visible and invisible.”

The Urantia Book Paper 51 Section 6 Paragraph 5

The Urantia Book is therefore, the first volley in a succession of rebuilding stages all aimed at reestablishing the earthbound cultural component of celestial oversight. The next volley is verification. The final volley is likely the arrival of Machiventa Melchizedek and ostensibly his staff and entourage which will mark the culmination of this process. Whether Michael of Nebadon personally visits at that time or at some later date, remains unpredictable. What is clear is that the period from the inauguration of the Urantia Book to the arrival of the Planetary Prince will be highlighted by serious social disruption planet wide and no small degree of refocusing of purpose by Urantian societies. I like to think of the Urantia Book as a point of demarcation establishing the end of an era. Presently we are in the period beyond the point where we are not yet aware of the point, but that is about to change. We are about to reach the end of our rope; verification of the book is that point. There is no possibility that our arrival at the point where the Urantia Book becomes a verified and known reality won’t markedly change the social structure’s focus and therefore the structure itself.

By the irrevocable validation of the Urantia Book, alone, the world will know, and know it knows the following realities it currently does not know.

1. The fact of universal life on other planets and in the Universes.
2. The fact of intelligent life on other planets.
a. What that intelligent life thinks of God.
i. This will reveal the revelatory history of each civilization we become aware of, making our disbelief seem immature and ridiculous.
ii. Discovery of an advanced civilization that can explain the reality of God to us beyond our current knowledge and awareness will be like a small child talking about God with an inspired and educated adult.
b. What that intelligent life thinks of us.
c. What that intelligent life thinks about how life should be lived. It will be like having a big brother looking over our shoulder.
d. How many other life planets the other civilizations already know about.
3. The reality of celestial life.
4. The structure of the Universal Celestial Administration.
5. The import of celestial life in relation to our world-wide civilizations.
6. The import of celestial life in relation to each of us as individuals.
7. The ultimate purpose in life.
8. The reason we are in the situation we are in.
a. How we got this way.
b. The actions which are being done to get us to move beyond this period.
9. Our ultimate personal destiny.
10. Our ultimate planetary destiny.
11. How wrong we humans are currently about the meaning and value of life and its ultimate purpose.

The world will hardly know how to maintain itself during this impending period of social disruption. Everything we consider basic to our understanding of life will have to be reassessed. The education system will be completely re-designed. The legal systems will be completely re-designed. The religious systems will be completely re-designed. Our social administration systems, our governments will be completely re-designed.

This is the meaning of the following statements in Paper 196.

“The time is ripe to witness the figurative resurrection of the human Jesus from his burial tomb amidst the theological traditions and the religious dogmas of nineteen centuries. Jesus of Nazareth must not be longer sacrificed to even the splendid concept of the glorified Christ. What a transcendent service if, through this revelation, the Son of Man should be recovered from the tomb of traditional theology and be presented as the living Jesus to the church that bears his name, and to all other religions! Surely the Christian fellowship of believers will not hesitate to make such adjustments of faith and of practices of living as will enable it to “follow after” the Master in the demonstration of his real life of religious devotion to doing of his Father’s will and a consecration to the unselfish service of man. Do professed Christians fear the exposure of a self-sufficient and unconsecrated fellowship of social respectability and selfish economic maladjustment? Does institutional Christianity fear the possible jeopardy, or even the overthrow, of traditional ecclesiastical authority it the Jesus of Galilee is reinstated in the minds and souls of mortal men as the ideal of personal religious living? Indeed, the social readjustments, the economic transformations, the moral rejuvenations and the religious revisions of Christian civilization would be drastic and revolutionary if the living religion of Jesus should suddenly supplant the theologic religion about Jesus.”

The Urantia Book Paper 196 Section 1 Paragraph 2

I suppose there are those who are unable to conceptualize the scale of these events as occurring within a single human lifetime. I cannot conceive of a way this degree of change can be accomplished any other way. The mechanics are quite simple. Currently we have only a single perspective of reality as a planetary society. We only know all things through our own collective view. The sudden and irrevocable addition of another view, substantiated by living beings from another world or dimension, provides the same relative insight as would be assessed by the Native Americans meeting the Pilgrims for the first time. While this example has validity, the current state of planetary communication means that in this metaphor the native tribes on the Pacific Coast will know of the arrival of the Pilgrims within seconds of the event. Instant knowledge implies instant reaction. The time it will take to have the awareness of the additional perspective universally perceived is instantaneous. This means that the reaction will be spontaneous and uncontrollable by the powers that be. It will enable instant chaos. Individuals who practice doing God’s will provide necessary stability, they are the only ones who can.

In life we like to know that we can plan on things being as they are for the reasonably foreseeable future. We are all aware that a knock on the door of our home by members of the military, police or some other official, telling us of some event involving our loved ones provides us with an instant change of perspective on many issues. The events of 9/11 provide a similar set of criteria for many, Pearl Harbor did the same. All of these historical events pale in comparison to the kind of event I am calling attention to here. The arrival on our planet of unmistakable confirmation of celestial reality will instantly overwhelm every man, woman, and child on the planet. Life will be different . . . permanently. The Urantia Book is that information. But, so far, it has not been validated. Validation is a singularity type event. It rearranges every convention of mankind, all at once. Adjustment to that validation will take many lifetimes of growth.

There is only one event required to make this change happen. Someone must experience it; this is evolution in action. A human being must evolve; must realize its fact, meaning, and value! Someone must bridge the gulf and connect the circuit. Once and done. The circuit only needs one permanent connection to be complete. Every subsequent connection only strengthens it. That is how close we are to this watershed moment in the history of our planet. A single realization.

Like an electrical circuit, it only takes one connection to enable the flow of energy. When that happens, the lights all come on at once. The Fifth Epoch will have arrived.

Hmmmm.....couple of things...to begin with.....

This sermon/essay is a continuation of Jim's claims and predictions of an imminent celestial visitation and intervention of Urantia's evolutionary and epochal progress as described in the Papers. Jim's predictions here once again include significant contradictions to the UB text as written and are an unfortunate example of mortal impatience in my own opinion.

For example - Urantia does already enjoy the presence and influence of a Planetary Prince...despite Jim's denials and refusal to accept and believe the many related text quotes offered to verify that fact and reality.

Also, the UB clearly describes the continuous and on-going and successful stream of celestial oversight of planetary progress, from the moment of System and Planetary rebellion to modern times. The UB is most obviously and certainly NOT "the first volley in a succession of rebuilding stages all aimed at reestablishing the earthbound cultural component of celestial oversight." Not by any measure or stretch of the imagination.

The UB is the story of the endless "succession" of the reestablishment of our earthbound cultural component of celestial oversight which began immediately upon and in the very midst of rebellion so long ago and has never stopped or wavered since. That endless succession began even before Michael's final bestowal and the gift of the Spirit of Truth 2000 years ago, and even before Machiventa Melchizedek's missionaries, and even before the The Garden. It has never stopped and the UB is simply the next Epochal Revelation of the many, many such over the evolutionary, Planetary Mortal Epochs of Time.

Jim's contradiction of the UB could not be more obvious nor more egregious, again, and again. And again...over and over again. Unfortunate. The immature impatience and disappointments of tadpoles does not and cannot accelerate the wise and patient evolutionary planetary progress described in great detail in the Urantia Papers.

But Jim is selling something here. He's selling his predictions of radical celestial interventionism and abrupt social transformation without evolutionarytime frames and process. Like an impetuous child demanding their own way right now, Jim here predicts unearned progress without the progress requirements of time and freewill choices by experiential wisdom. Unfortunately, the mods here allow it, give it a platform, and protection - no matter how often and how directly these predictions violate the truth and the facts as presented in the UB and violate the Guidelines here. Jim offers no study of the Papers and seeks no understanding. He is here to convince us that he, and not the UB, is the authority and that he has certain knowledge of impending events... he has even created tables and charts to "prove" his predictions, if only we would believe him rather than the actual Revelation we are supposed to share and study here..

So unfortunate. :-& :shock: :cry:

45:4.16 (514.6) 14. Machiventa Melchizedek, the only Son of this order to bestow himself upon the Urantia races. While still numbered as a Melchizedek, he has become “forever a minister of the Most Highs,” eternally assuming the assignment of service as a mortal ascender, having sojourned on Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh at Salem in the days of Abraham. This Melchizedek has latterly been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia with headquarters on Jerusem and authority to act in behalf of Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince of the world whereon he experienced his terminal bestowal in human form. Notwithstanding this, Urantia is still supervised by successive resident governors general, members of the four and twenty counselors.

PostPosted:  

It's only been 2000 years since the current Planetary Epoch began Jim. The UB is not a new such Planetary Epoch. Please read Paper 52.

52:5.8 (596.6) The postbestowal Son age may extend from ten thousand to a hundred thousand years. There is no arbitrary time allotted to any of these dispensational eras. This is a time of great ethical and spiritual progress. Under the spiritual influence of these ages, human character undergoes tremendous transformations and experiences phenomenal development. It becomes possible to put the golden rule into practical operation. The teachings of Jesus are really applicable to a mortal world which has had the preliminary training of the prebestowal Sons with their dispensations of character ennoblement and culture augmentation.

52:6.2 (597.3) Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere.....

Paper 52

Planetary Mortal Epochs
52:0.1 (589.1) FROM the inception of life on an evolutionary planet to the time of its final flowering in the era of light and life, there appear upon the stage of world action at least seven epochs of human life. These successive ages are determined by the planetary missions of the divine Sons, and on an average inhabited world these epochs appear in the following order:

52:0.2 (589.2) 1. Pre-Planetary Prince Man.

52:0.3 (589.3) 2. Post-Planetary Prince Man.

52:0.4 (589.4) 3. Post-Adamic Man.

52:0.5 (589.5) 4. Post-Magisterial Son Man.

52:0.6 (589.6) 5. Post-Bestowal Son Man.

52:0.7 (589.7) 6. Post-Teacher Son Man.

52:0.8 (589.8) 7. The Era of Light and Life.

8)

PostPosted:  

Jim declares above:

"I suppose there are those who are unable to conceptualize the scale of these events as occurring within a single human lifetime. I cannot conceive of a way this degree of change can be accomplished any other way."

Read Paper 52 and 55 for a full description of how changes in planetary progress occur over vast periods of time.

Read Papers 80-99 for a description of Urantia's evolutionary progress.

The effects of rebellion andor Adamic default cannot be and are not set aside or overridden or neutralized by celestial shock and awe. Or not as I can determine from the Papers. Please offer supporting text for your predictions of this Armageddonistic intervention you predict here. And then please provide text support for its imminent occurrence.

Even when our celestial leadership is/was represented by the Prince’s corporeal staff at Dalamatia and Adam & Eve in the Garden, there was/is no shock and awe imposed on a world. Any world. Anywhere. Ever. There is no radical or revolutionary or generational grand-transformations or Great Armageddons.

You describe a personal Christianesque fantasy of Deliverence and instant gratification for immature impatience... but nothing at all like the universe reality perspective of evolutionary forces and process and time frames presented in the Revelation.

:!: :idea: 8)

PostPosted:  

Have you ever wondered why Michael deliberately decided and chose to NOT apply the shock and awe tactics Jim and his fellow Christians (and the Hebrew nation before Jesus) predicts here and now?

The Master’s ministry was the actual beginning of our current Planetary Mortal Epoch - not the UB as claimed here by Jim the preacher.

What Jim demands, proclaims, and predicts here to us is precisely the very cause of the Adamic default - impatience.

8)

136:6.6 (1518.5) The Jews were expecting a Messiah who would do even greater wonders than Moses, who was reputed to have brought forth water from the rock in a desert place and to have fed their forefathers with manna in the wilderness. Jesus knew the sort of Messiah his compatriots expected, and he had all the powers and prerogatives to measure up to their most sanguine expectations, but he decided against such a magnificent program of power and glory. Jesus looked upon such a course of expected miracle working as a harking back to the olden days of ignorant magic and the degraded practices of the savage medicine men. Possibly, for the salvation of his creatures, he might accelerate natural law, but to transcend his own laws, either for the benefit of himself or the overawing of his fellow men, that he would not do. And the Master’s decision was final.

136:6.7 (1518.6) Jesus sorrowed for his people; he fully understood how they had been led up to the expectation of the coming Messiah, the time when “the earth will yield its fruits ten thousandfold, and on one vine there will be a thousand branches, and each branch will produce a thousand clusters, and each cluster will produce a thousand grapes, and each grape will produce a gallon of wine.” The Jews believed the Messiah would usher in an era of miraculous plenty. The Hebrews had long been nurtured on traditions of miracles and legends of wonders.

136:6.8 (1519.1) He was not a Messiah coming to multiply bread and wine. He came not to minister to temporal needs only; he came to reveal his Father in heaven to his children on earth, while he sought to lead his earth children to join him in a sincere effort so to live as to do the will of the Father in heaven.

136:6.9 (1519.2) In this decision Jesus of Nazareth portrayed to an onlooking universe the folly and sin of prostituting divine talents and God-given abilities for personal aggrandizement or for purely selfish gain and glorification. That was the sin of Lucifer and Caligastia.

136:6.10 (1519.3) This great decision of Jesus portrays dramatically the truth that selfish satisfaction and sensuous gratification, alone and of themselves, are not able to confer happiness upon evolving human beings. There are higher values in mortal existence—intellectual mastery and spiritual achievement—which far transcend the necessary gratification of man’s purely physical appetites and urges. Man’s natural endowment of talent and ability should be chiefly devoted to the development and ennoblement of his higher powers of mind and spirit.

136:6.11 (1519.4) Jesus thus revealed to the creatures of his universe the technique of the new and better way, the higher moral values of living and the deeper spiritual satisfactions of evolutionary human existence on the worlds of space.

136:9.2 (1522.1) The Jews envisaged a deliverer who would come in miraculous power to cast down Israel’s enemies and establish the Jews as world rulers, free from want and oppression. Jesus knew that this hope would never be realized. He knew that the kingdom of heaven had to do with the overthrow of evil in the hearts of men, and that it was purely a matter of spiritual concern. He thought out the advisability of inaugurating the spiritual kingdom with a brilliant and dazzling display of power—and such a course would have been permissible and wholly within the jurisdiction of Michael—but he fully decided against such a plan. He would not compromise with the revolutionary techniques of Caligastia. He had won the world in potential by submission to the Father’s will, and he proposed to finish his work as he had begun it, and as the Son of Man.

136:9.3 (1522.2) You can hardly imagine what would have happened on Urantia had this God-man, now in potential possession of all power in heaven and on earth, once decided to unfurl the banner of sovereignty, to marshal his wonder-working battalions in militant array! But he would not compromise. He would not serve evil that the worship of God might presumably be derived therefrom. He would abide by the Father’s will. He would proclaim to an onlooking universe, “You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.”

136:9.4 (1522.3) As the days passed, with ever-increasing clearness Jesus perceived what kind of a truth-revealer he was to become. He discerned that God’s way was not going to be the easy way. He began to realize that the cup of the remainder of his human experience might possibly be bitter, but he decided to drink it.

136:9.5 (1522.4) Even his human mind is saying good-bye to the throne of David. Step by step this human mind follows in the path of the divine. The human mind still asks questions but unfailingly accepts the divine answers as final rulings in this combined life of living as a man in the world while all the time submitting unqualifiedly to the doing of the Father’s eternal and divine will.

136:9.6 (1522.5) Rome was mistress of the Western world. The Son of Man, now in isolation and achieving these momentous decisions, with the hosts of heaven at his command, represented the last chance of the Jews to attain world dominion; but this earthborn Jew, who possessed such tremendous wisdom and power, declined to use his universe endowments either for the aggrandizement of himself or for the enthronement of his people. He saw, as it were, “the kingdoms of this world,” and he possessed the power to take them. The Most Highs of Edentia had resigned all these powers into his hands, but he did not want them. The kingdoms of earth were paltry things to interest the Creator and Ruler of a universe. He had only one objective, the further revelation of God to man, the establishment of the kingdom, the rule of the heavenly Father in the hearts of mankind.

136:9.7 (1522.6) The idea of battle, contention, and slaughter was repugnant to Jesus; he would have none of it. He would appear on earth as the Prince of Peace to reveal a God of love. Before his baptism he had again refused the offer of the Zealots to lead them in rebellion against the Roman oppressors. And now he made his final decision regarding those Scriptures which his mother had taught him, such as: “The Lord has said to me, ‘You are my Son; this day have I begotten you. Ask of me, and I will give you the heathen for your inheritance and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”

136:9.8 (1522.7) Jesus of Nazareth reached the conclusion that such utterances did not refer to him. At last, and finally, the human mind of the Son of Man made a clean sweep of all these Messianic difficulties and contradictions—Hebrew scriptures, parental training, chazan teaching, Jewish expectations, and human ambitious longings; once and for all he decided upon his course. He would return to Galilee and quietly begin the proclamation of the kingdom and trust his Father (the Personalized Adjuster) to work out the details of procedure day by day.

136:9.9 (1523.1) By these decisions Jesus set a worthy example for every person on every world throughout a vast universe when he refused to apply material tests to prove spiritual problems, when he refused presumptuously to defy natural laws. And he set an inspiring example of universe loyalty and moral nobility when he refused to grasp temporal power as the prelude to spiritual glory.

136:9.10 (1523.2) If the Son of Man had any doubts about his mission and its nature when he went up in the hills after his baptism, he had none when he came back to his fellows following the forty days of isolation and decisions.

136:9.11 (1523.3) Jesus has formulated a program for the establishment of the Father’s kingdom. He will not cater to the physical gratification of the people. He will not deal out bread to the multitudes as he has so recently seen it being done in Rome. He will not attract attention to himself by wonder-working, even though the Jews are expecting just that sort of a deliverer. Neither will he seek to win acceptance of a spiritual message by a show of political authority or temporal power.

136:9.12 (1523.4) In rejecting these methods of enhancing the coming kingdom in the eyes of the expectant Jews, Jesus made sure that these same Jews would certainly and finally reject all of his claims to authority and divinity. Knowing all this, Jesus long sought to prevent his early followers alluding to him as the Messiah.

136:9.13 (1523.5) Throughout his public ministry he was confronted with the necessity of dealing with three constantly recurring situations: the clamor to be fed, the insistence on miracles, and the final request that he allow his followers to make him king. But Jesus never departed from the decisions which he made during these days of his isolation in the Perean hills.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:52 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

The Ruinous Disaster of Impatience:

74:8.14 (838.6) The “golden age” is a myth, but Eden was a fact, and the Garden civilization was actually overthrown. Adam and Eve carried on in the Garden for one hundred and seventeen years when, through the impatience of Eve and the errors of judgment of Adam, they presumed to turn aside from the ordained way, speedily bringing disaster upon themselves and ruinous retardation upon the developmental progression of all Urantia.

75:1.3 (839.4) Adam and Eve found themselves on a sphere wholly unprepared for the proclamation of the brotherhood of man, a world groping about in abject spiritual darkness and cursed with confusion worse confounded by the miscarriage of the mission of the preceding administration. Mind and morals were at a low level, and instead of beginning the task of effecting religious unity, they must begin all anew the work of converting the inhabitants to the most simple forms of religious belief. Instead of finding one language ready for adoption, they were confronted by the world-wide confusion of hundreds upon hundreds of local dialects. No Adam of the planetary service was ever set down on a more difficult world; the obstacles seemed insuperable and the problems beyond creature solution.

75:1.4 (839.5) They were isolated, and the tremendous sense of loneliness which bore down upon them was all the more heightened by the early departure of the Melchizedek receivers. Only indirectly, by means of the angelic orders, could they communicate with any being off the planet. Slowly their courage weakened, their spirits drooped, and sometimes their faith almost faltered.

75:1.5 (840.1) And this is the true picture of the consternation of these two noble souls as they pondered the tasks which confronted them. They were both keenly aware of the enormous undertaking involved in the execution of their planetary assignment.

75:1.6 (840.2) Probably no Material Sons of Nebadon were ever faced with such a difficult and seemingly hopeless task as confronted Adam and Eve in the sorry plight of Urantia. But they would have sometime met with success had they been more farseeing and patient. Both of them, especially Eve, were altogether too impatient; they were not willing to settle down to the long, long endurance test. They wanted to see some immediate results, and they did, but the results thus secured proved most disastrous both to themselves and to their world.

PostPosted:  

The immature clamor for miracles, signs, wonders, shock, and awe!!

I wonder Jim if you've read about the King Making Episode???

Do you truly believe free fish and bread makes mortals holy or saves souls????

Foolishness indeed!! Antithetical to the Papers and universe reality and truth.

8)

3. The King-Making Episode

152:3.1 (1702.2) The feeding of the five thousand by supernatural energy was another of those cases where human pity plus creative power equaled that which happened. Now that the multitude had been fed to the full, and since Jesus’ fame was then and there augmented by this stupendous wonder, the project to seize the Master and proclaim him king required no further personal direction. The idea seemed to spread through the crowd like a contagion. The reaction of the multitude to this sudden and spectacular supplying of their physical needs was profound and overwhelming. For a long time the Jews had been taught that the Messiah, the son of David, when he should come, would cause the land again to flow with milk and honey, and that the bread of life would be bestowed upon them as manna from heaven was supposed to have fallen upon their forefathers in the wilderness. And was not all of this expectation now fulfilled right before their eyes? When this hungry, undernourished multitude had finished gorging itself with the wonder-food, there was but one unanimous reaction: “Here is our king.” The wonder-working deliverer of Israel had come. In the eyes of these simple-minded people the power to feed carried with it the right to rule. No wonder, then, that the multitude, when it had finished feasting, rose as one man and shouted, “Make him king!”

152:3.2 (1702.3) This mighty shout enthused Peter and those of the apostles who still retained the hope of seeing Jesus assert his right to rule. But these false hopes were not to live for long. This mighty shout of the multitude had hardly ceased to reverberate from the near-by rocks when Jesus stepped upon a huge stone and, lifting up his right hand to command their attention, said: “My children, you mean well, but you are shortsighted and material-minded.” There was a brief pause; this stalwart Galilean was there majestically posed in the enchanting glow of that eastern twilight. Every inch he looked a king as he continued to speak to this breathless multitude: “You would make me king, not because your souls have been lighted with a great truth, but because your stomachs have been filled with bread. How many times have I told you that my kingdom is not of this world? This kingdom of heaven which we proclaim is a spiritual brotherhood, and no man rules over it seated upon a material throne. My Father in heaven is the all-wise and the all-powerful Ruler over this spiritual brotherhood of the sons of God on earth. Have I so failed in revealing to you the Father of spirits that you would make a king of his Son in the flesh! Now all of you go hence to your own homes. If you must have a king, let the Father of lights be enthroned in the heart of each of you as the spirit Ruler of all things.”

152:3.3 (1702.4) These words of Jesus sent the multitude away stunned and disheartened. Many who had believed in him turned back and followed him no more from that day. The apostles were speechless; they stood in silence gathered about the twelve baskets of the fragments of food; only the chore boy, the Mark lad, spoke, “And he refused to be our king.” Jesus, before going off to be alone in the hills, turned to Andrew and said: “Take your brethren back to Zebedee’s house and pray with them, especially for your brother, Simon Peter.”

PostPosted:  

Jim impatiently seeks here to bypass planetary and social evolutionary progress, which is truly destructive and Luciferian in its inherent disruption and actual retardation of human progress and displays his preference for power over freewill. Jim preaches and promotes the god's coercive manipulation of humanity and the overthrow of evolutionary progress for the immature and impatient hopes for instant gratification.

Again, Jim preaches the exact opposite as the Papers teach:

118:8.5 (1302.2) The whole principle of biologic evolution makes it impossible for primitive man to appear on the inhabited worlds with any large endowment of self-restraint. Therefore does the same creative design which purposed evolution likewise provide those external restraints of time and space, hunger and fear, which effectively circumscribe the subspiritual choice range of such uncultured creatures. As man’s mind successfully overstrides increasingly difficult barriers, this same creative design has also provided for the slow accumulation of the racial heritage of painfully garnered experiential wisdom—in other words, for the maintenance of a balance between the diminishing external restraints and the augmenting internal restraints.

118:8.6 (1302.3) The slowness of evolution, of human cultural progress, testifies to the effectiveness of that brake—material inertia—which so efficiently operates to retard dangerous velocities of progress. Thus does time itself cushion and distribute the otherwise lethal results of premature escape from the next-encompassing barriers to human action. For when culture advances overfast, when material achievement outruns the evolution of worship-wisdom, then does civilization contain within itself the seeds of retrogression; and unless buttressed by the swift augmentation of experiential wisdom, such human societies will recede from high but premature levels of attainment, and the “dark ages” of the interregnum of wisdom will bear witness to the inexorable restoration of the imbalance between self-liberty and self-control.

118:8.7 (1302.4) The iniquity of Caligastia was the by-passing of the time governor of progressive human liberation—the gratuitous destruction of restraining barriers, barriers which the mortal minds of those times had not experientially overridden.

118:8.8 (1302.5) That mind which can effect a partial abridgment of time and space, by this very act proves itself possessed of the seeds of wisdom which can effectively serve in lieu of the transcended barrier of restraint.

118:8.9 (1302.6) Lucifer similarly sought to disrupt the time governor operating in restraint of the premature attainment of certain liberties in the local system. A local system settled in light and life has experientially achieved those viewpoints and insights which make feasible the operation of many techniques that would be disruptive and destructive in the presettled eras of that very realm.

8)