Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:46 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi all. Though I haven't been particularly active in the discussion here, and I see this section hasn't been used for some time, I'd like to request any prayers for my Grandmother. On Sunday while at her church, she suffered a stroke that left her entire left side paralyzed.
She has been more stable over the last week, even having enough energy to pretty much teach a bible class with some of her visitors and even gaining some initial movement in her left foot.
I and my whole family love and care for her deeply. She's touched many lives with her traditional Christian beliefs, and I know she has had a strong heart and passion for God for most of her life. She's the kind of Woman who calls each of our extended Family members by name in her prayers. In my own prayers, I told the Father I would submit to his will on this matter, but in my heart I would love to see her live out the rest of her days here in peace and relative comfort.
Any prayers would be greatly appreciated for our family matriarch.

Sorry that this needs to be one of my first posts as I have so many other things to discuss with you all once I'm more up to speed with my UB reading

Thank you again

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Your grandmother is destined for endless days to come, and hopefully already enjoys the bliss and assurance of that certainty. I have such a grandmother who was also a beacon of faith and light of truth that God is love and we are, each and all, God's beloved children.

She abides in the mansion worlds now as promised in her KJV (and likewise the UB), and she will someday welcome all her tribe to heaven, whom she also named one by one every single day in prayer. I am confident she still does so!!

What a blessing to have such a light and guide through the valleys and the rugged paths of this life! Those who conquer the vicissitudes and inspire faith and share the Divine Assurance for the rest of us are proof of God's grace.

God's will is that we all know and share such assurance with one another.

Thanks for sharing and prayers to you and yours. I have no doubt your matriarch has God's ear!

:D

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:49 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person and not one who is not used to giving up. It is good to hear that she is still teaching and ministering in spite of her affliction.

May God grant her ever-increasing healing from the stroke and restore her to complete good health!

PostPosted:  

Thank you both for your words and prayers. I genuinely believe she is a shining example of what true faith and love can be in the world. I only want the best for her, whatever that may be through God's will.