Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:35 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted:  

I agree with you. Inexplicably, some UB readers do not. There are some who believe the way is narrow and many fail to survive.

I think some confuse the demand and progress requirements of fusion and eternal salvation with the less arduous survival of material death in the transitional evolution of personal religious experience which does not require any specific information or knowledge or beliefs. The faith response to our Deity Connections is quite functional despite false beliefs or no beliefs. Children and barbarians give birth to soul!

My opinion is that the soul is resilient and hopeful and is not easily destroyed by human immaturity or fear driven errors.

Papers 111 and 112 are important for our understanding of the survival of the mortal soul.

Sin is conscious defiance of truth, beauty, and goodness. But those who sin and are iniquitous are also extended mercy ministry and time. Even Lucifer, Satan, and the Devil himself retain the opportunity of repentance and restoration of eternal life.

8)

112:5.7 (1233.3) If ever there is doubt as to the advisability of advancing a human identity to the mansion worlds, the universe governments invariably rule in the personal interests of that individual; they unhesitatingly advance such a soul to the status of a transitional being, while they continue their observations of the emerging morontia intent and spiritual purpose. Thus divine justice is certain of achievement, and divine mercy is accorded further opportunity for extending its ministry.

112:5.8 (1233.4) The governments of Orvonton and Nebadon do not claim absolute perfection for the detail working of the universal plan of mortal repersonalization, but they do claim to, and actually do, manifest patience, tolerance, understanding, and merciful sympathy. We had rather assume the risk of a system rebellion than to court the hazard of depriving one struggling mortal from any evolutionary world of the eternal joy of pursuing the ascending career.

8)

More from Paper 2 - The Nature of God

2:3.5 (37.3) In any universe contest between actual levels of reality, the personality of the higher level will ultimately triumph over the personality of the lower level. This inevitable outcome of universe controversy is inherent in the fact that divinity of quality equals the degree of reality or actuality of any will creature. Undiluted evil, complete error, willful sin, and unmitigated iniquity are inherently and automatically suicidal. Such attitudes of cosmic unreality can survive in the universe only because of transient mercy-tolerance pending the action of the justice-determining and fairness-finding mechanisms of the universe tribunals of righteous adjudication.

2:4.1 (38.1) Mercy is simply justice tempered by that wisdom which grows out of perfection of knowledge and the full recognition of the natural weaknesses and environmental handicaps of finite creatures. “Our God is full of compassion, gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy.” Therefore “whosoever calls upon the Lord shall be saved,” “for he will abundantly pardon.” “The mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting”; yes, “his mercy endures forever.” “I am the Lord who executes loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight.” “I do not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men,” for I am “the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.”

2:4.2 (38.2) God is inherently kind, naturally compassionate, and everlastingly merciful. And never is it necessary that any influence be brought to bear upon the Father to call forth his loving-kindness. The creature’s need is wholly sufficient to insure the full flow of the Father’s tender mercies and his saving grace. Since God knows all about his children, it is easy for him to forgive. The better man understands his neighbor, the easier it will be to forgive him, even to love him.

2:4.3 (38.3) Only the discernment of infinite wisdom enables a righteous God to minister justice and mercy at the same time and in any given universe situation. The heavenly Father is never torn by conflicting attitudes towards his universe children; God is never a victim of attitudinal antagonisms. God’s all-knowingness unfailingly directs his free will in the choosing of that universe conduct which perfectly, simultaneously, and equally satisfies the demands of all his divine attributes and the infinite qualities of his eternal nature.

2:4.4 (38.4) Mercy is the natural and inevitable offspring of goodness and love. The good nature of a loving Father could not possibly withhold the wise ministry of mercy to each member of every group of his universe children. Eternal justice and divine mercy together constitute what in human experience would be called fairness.

2:4.5 (38.5) Divine mercy represents a fairness technique of adjustment between the universe levels of perfection and imperfection. Mercy is the justice of Supremacy adapted to the situations of the evolving finite, the righteousness of eternity modified to meet the highest interests and universe welfare of the children of time. Mercy is not a contravention of justice but rather an understanding interpretation of the demands of supreme justice as it is fairly applied to the subordinate spiritual beings and to the material creatures of the evolving universes. Mercy is the justice of the Paradise Trinity wisely and lovingly visited upon the manifold intelligences of the creations of time and space as it is formulated by divine wisdom and determined by the all-knowing mind and the sovereign free will of the Universal Father and all his associated Creators.

5. The Love of God

2:5.1 (38.6) “God is love”; therefore his only personal attitude towards the affairs of the universe is always a reaction of divine affection. The Father loves us sufficiently to bestow his life upon us. “He makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I agree with you. Inexplicably, some UB readers do not. There are some who believe the way is narrow and many fail to survive.

I think some confuse the demand and progress requirements of fusion and eternal salvation with the less arduous survival of material death in the transitional evolution of personal religious experience which does not require any specific information or knowledge or beliefs. The faith response to our Deity Connections is quite functional despite false beliefs or no beliefs. Children and barbarians give birth to soul!

Isn't that conclusion a result of poor knowledge and understanding of the papers? If someone sincerely studied I think that matter becomes obvious. I think that holding onto that belief is born from ego tendency of wanting to be special. In this case it's more satisfying for them to entertain the idea that they are on the right path and therefore more deserving of survival.

fanofVan wrote:
Sin is conscious defiance of truth, beauty, and goodness. But those who sin and are iniquitous are also extended mercy ministry and time. Even Lucifer, Satan, and the Devil himself retain the opportunity of repentance and restoration of eternal life.

Is there anywhere within the UB a defninitive anwser to Lucifers, Satan and Caligastia fate? Will they cease to exist? Or are they already saved by mercy?
I'm aware that if they would change the mercy is always available but did they chose it :?:

53:9.8 (611.7) But for ages the seven prison worlds of spiritual darkness in Satania have constituted a solemn warning to all Nebadon, eloquently and effectively proclaiming the great truth “that the way of the transgressor is hard”; “that within every sin is concealed the seed of its own destruction”; that “the wages of sin is death.”

This prison worlds are located on Jerusem satellites correct :?:

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

Isn't that conclusion a result of poor knowledge and understanding of the papers? If someone sincerely studied I think that matter becomes obvious. I think that holding onto that belief is born from ego tendency of wanting to be special. In this case it's more satisfying for them to entertain the idea that they are on the right path and therefore more deserving of survival.

fanofVan wrote:

Is there anywhere within the UB a defninitive anwser to Lucifers, Satan and Caligastia fate? Will they cease to exist? Or are they already saved by mercy :?:
I'm aware that if they would change the mercy is always available but did they chose it :?:

53:9.8 (611.7) But for ages the seven prison worlds of spiritual darkness in Satania have constituted a solemn warning to all Nebadon, eloquently and effectively proclaiming the great truth “that the way of the transgressor is hard”; “that within every sin is concealed the seed of its own destruction”; that “the wages of sin is death.”

This prison worlds are located on Jerusem satellites correct?

I certainly agree with you. Yes...chosen/special people psychosis - a long Judeo/Christian tradition.

Also, some folks approach the UB only seeking affirmation of their personal prejudices and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

We all find the UB with our own set of subjective perspective and opinions. Some are more flexible and fluid and teachable than others.

Regarding the fate of rebellion leaders - the authors speculate that all who might accept rehabilitation and reconciliation already have done so. Paper 119 includes a story of a fallen Prince who did recover. Certainly do I hope and pray for all concerned to be restored to eternal status. Annihilation seems to be the expectation as I understand the text.

53:9.5 (611.4) Since Michael’s final bestowal no one in all Satania has desired to go to the prison worlds to minister to the interned rebels. And no more beings have been won to the deceiver’s cause. For nineteen hundred years the status has been unchanged.

53:9.6 (611.5) We do not look for a removal of the present Satania restrictions until the Ancients of Days make final disposition of the archrebels. The system circuits will not be reinstated so long as Lucifer lives. Meantime, he is wholly inactive.

53:9.7 (611.6) The rebellion has ended on Jerusem. It ends on the fallen worlds as fast as divine Sons arrive. We believe that all rebels who will ever accept mercy have done so. We await the flashing broadcast that will deprive these traitors of personality existence. We anticipate the verdict of Uversa will be announced by the executionary broadcast which will effect the annihilation of these interned rebels. Then will you look for their places, but they shall not be found. “And they who know you among the worlds will be astonished at you; you have been a terror, but never shall you be any more.” And thus shall all of these unworthy traitors “become as though they had not been.” All await the Uversa decree.

53:9.8 (611.7) But for ages the seven prison worlds of spiritual darkness in Satania have constituted a solemn warning to all Nebadon, eloquently and effectively proclaiming the great truth “that the way of the transgressor is hard”; “that within every sin is concealed the seed of its own destruction”; that “the wages of sin is death.”

PostPosted:  

I was wondering about Lucifer a little bit and 2 question came to mind:

1) How it can happen that a wise son of God chose such a path of obliteration. Was he adjuster fused? I wonder how a being with great undestanding of truth could despite of it choose a road to inevitable hardship and autodestruction? He should be well aware what awaits him if he will continue with this rebelious tendency sparked within his mind.

2) Is such a fate potentially probable/possible for ascending pilgrims, even after adjuster fusion? Or is it impossible for a fused creature to suddenly begin evil pursuits?

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
I was wondering about Lucifer a little bit and 2 question came to mind:

1) How it can happen that a wise son of God chose such a path of obliteration. Was he adjuster fused? I wonder how a being with great undestanding of truth could despite of it choose a road to inevitable hardship and autodestruction? He should be well aware what awaits him if he will continue with this rebelious tendency sparked within his mind.

2) Is such a fate potentially probable/possible for ascending pilgrims, even after adjuster fusion? Or is it impossible for a fused creature to suddenly begin evil pursuits?

Good questions. It is my understanding that only mortals born on material, evolutionary worlds are normally and widely Adjuster indwelt, with very few exceptions. Lanonandek Sons (which include Lucifer, Satan, and Caligastia) are not Adjuster fused or bestowed.

Their treachery and treason is so unusual and unexpected and inexplicable that many lower orders followed them into rebellion by loyalty and duty. Most of those under the leadershiphave repented and rehabilitated. I do not understand how such self importance happened either at that level of being but it has happened before.

Such evil does result in those few and precious agondonters who become the gaith tested children of time from the dark and treacherous times and places of rebellion.

I believe it is impossible for a fused mortal to become iniquitous or deny the fact of God. God is present within mortals but not so our celestial cousins.

53:7.10 (608.6) The ascending mortals were vulnerable, but they withstood the sophistries of rebellion better than the lower spirits. While many on the lower mansion worlds, those who had not attained final fusion with their Adjusters, fell, it is recorded to the glory of the wisdom of the ascension scheme that not a single member of the Satania ascendant citizenship resident on Jerusem participated in the Lucifer rebellion.

8)

35:9.5 (393.5) The System Sovereigns are true to their names; they are well-nigh sovereign in the local affairs of the inhabited worlds. They are almost paternal in their direction of the Planetary Princes, the Material Sons, and the ministering spirits. The personal grasp of the sovereign is all but complete. These rulers are not supervised by Trinity observers from the central universe. They are the executive division of the local universe, and as custodians of the enforcement of legislative mandates and as executives for the application of judicial verdicts, they present the one place in all universe administration where personal disloyalty to the will of the Michael Son could most easily and readily intrench itself and seek to assert itself.

35:9.6 (393.6) Our local universe has been unfortunate in that over seven hundred Sons of the Lanonandek order have rebelled against the universe government, thus precipitating confusion in several systems and on numerous planets. Of this entire number of failures only three were System Sovereigns; practically all of these Sons belonged to the second and third orders, Planetary Princes and tertiary Lanonandeks.

35:9.7 (393.7) The large number of these Sons who have lapsed from integrity does not indicate any fault in creatorship. They could have been made divinely perfect, but they were so created that they might better understand, and draw near to, the evolutionary creatures dwelling on the worlds of time and space.

35:9.8 (393.8) Of all the local universes in Orvonton, our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons. On Uversa it is the consensus that we have had so much administrative trouble in Nebadon because our Sons of the Lanonandek order have been created with such a large degree of personal liberty in choosing and planning. I do not make this observation by way of criticism. The Creator of our universe has full authority and power to do this. It is the contention of our high rulers that, while such free-choosing Sons make excessive trouble in the earlier ages of the universe, when things are fully sifted and finally settled, the gains of higher loyalty and fuller volitional service on the part of these thoroughly tested Sons will far more than compensate for the confusion and tribulations of earlier times.

35:9.9 (394.1) In the event of rebellion on a system headquarters, a new sovereign is usually installed within a comparatively short time, but not so on the individual planets. They are the component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems. Successor Planetary Princes are designated for isolated worlds, planets whose princes of authority may have gone astray, but they do not assume active rulership of such worlds until the results of insurrection are partially overcome and removed by the remedial measures adopted by the Melchizedeks and other ministering personalities. Rebellion by a Planetary Prince instantly isolates his planet; the local spiritual circuits are immediately severed. Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world.

35:9.10 (394.2) There exists a plan for saving these wayward and unwise Sons, and many have availed themselves of this merciful provision; but never again may they function in those positions wherein they defaulted. After rehabilitation they are assigned to custodial duties and to departments of physical administration.

8)

53:2.3 (602.6) No one ever suggested rebellion to Lucifer. The idea of self-assertion in opposition to the will of Michael and to the plans of the Universal Father, as they are represented in Michael, had its origin in his own mind. His relations with the Creator Son had been intimate and always cordial. At no time prior to the exaltation of his own mind did Lucifer openly express dissatisfaction about the universe administration. Notwithstanding his silence, for more than one hundred years of standard time the Union of Days on Salvington had been reflectivating to Uversa that all was not at peace in Lucifer’s mind. This information was also communicated to the Creator Son and the Constellation Fathers of Norlatiadek.

53:2.4 (602.7) Throughout this period Lucifer became increasingly critical of the entire plan of universe administration but always professed wholehearted loyalty to the Supreme Rulers. His first outspoken disloyalty was manifested on the occasion of a visit of Gabriel to Jerusem just a few days before the open proclamation of the Lucifer Declaration of Liberty. Gabriel was so profoundly impressed with the certainty of the impending outbreak that he went direct to Edentia to confer with the Constellation Fathers regarding the measures to be employed in case of open rebellion.

53:2.5 (603.1) It is very difficult to point out the exact cause or causes which finally culminated in the Lucifer rebellion. We are certain of only one thing, and that is: Whatever these first beginnings were, they had their origin in Lucifer’s mind. There must have been a pride of self that nourished itself to the point of self-deception, so that Lucifer for a time really persuaded himself that his contemplation of rebellion was actually for the good of the system, if not of the universe. By the time his plans had developed to the point of disillusionment, no doubt he had gone too far for his original and mischief-making pride to permit him to stop. At some point in this experience he became insincere, and evil evolved into deliberate and willful sin. That this happened is proved by the subsequent conduct of this brilliant executive. He was long offered opportunity for repentance, but only some of his subordinates ever accepted the proffered mercy. The Faithful of Days of Edentia, on the request of the Constellation Fathers, in person presented the plan of Michael for the saving of these flagrant rebels, but always was the mercy of the Creator Son rejected and rejected with increasing contempt and disdain.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:46 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Paper 108

Mission and Ministry of Thought Adjusters

108:0.1 (1185.1) THE mission of the Thought Adjusters to the human races is to represent, to be, the Universal Father to the mortal creatures of time and space; that is the fundamental work of the divine gifts. Their mission is also that of elevating the mortal minds and of translating the immortal souls of men up to the divine heights and spiritual levels of Paradise perfection. And in the experience of thus transforming the human nature of the temporal creature into the divine nature of the eternal finaliter, the Adjusters bring into existence a unique type of being, a being consisting in the eternal union of the perfect Adjuster and the perfected creature which it would be impossible to duplicate by any other universe technique.

108:0.2 (1185.2) Nothing in the entire universe can substitute for the fact of experience on nonexistential levels. The infinite God is, as always, replete and complete, infinitely inclusive of all things except evil and creature experience. God cannot do wrong; he is infallible. God cannot experientially know what he has never personally experienced; God’s preknowledge is existential. Therefore does the spirit of the Father descend from Paradise to participate with finite mortals in every bona fide experience of the ascending career; it is only by such a method that the existential God could become in truth and in fact man’s experiential Father. The infinity of the eternal God encompasses the potential for finite experience, which indeed becomes actual in the ministry of the Adjuster fragments that actually share the life vicissitude experiences of human beings.

8)

PostPosted:  

107:7.6 (1184.1) To our orders of being these fragments of Deity are known as the divine gifts. We recognize that the Adjusters are divine in origin, and that they constitute the probable proof and demonstration of a reservation by the Universal Father of the possibility of direct and unlimited communication with any and all material creatures throughout his virtually infinite realms, and all of this quite apart from his presence in the personalities of his Paradise Sons or through his indirect ministrations in the personalities of the Infinite Spirit.

107:7.7 (1184.2) There are no created beings that would not delight to be hosts to the Mystery Monitors, but no orders of beings are thus indwelt excepting evolutionary will creatures of finaliter destiny.

8)

PostPosted:  

Very interesting...

I wonder what differences that makes on a level of cosmic possibility, attainment potential and personal experience of God. Adjuster fused beings of mortal origins in comparison to Lanonandek Sons. Because of Paradise Creator Sons supreme loyalty, apparent possibility of turning evil is not reserved to they order of being. It again touches on reality levels and mind fragmentation. :smile:

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
Very interesting...

I wonder what differences that makes on a level of cosmic possibility, attainment potential and personal experience of God. Adjuster fused beings of mortal origins in comparison to Lanonandek Sons. Because of Paradise Creator Sons supreme loyalty, apparent possibility of turning evil is not reserved to they order of being. It again touches on reality levels and mind fragmentation. :smile:

In the UB, evil is but the errors of judgment expressed by the evolutionary creature's inexperience and immaturity and lack of knowledge. Sin is a deliberate and knowing choice.

I think all evolutionary children of time do err by the function of trials and errors.

As I understand, of all the experiential children of time none higher than Lanonandeks have actually rebelled against the local universe administrations and lost their faith in and loyalty to Deity.

I would think fusion with the Adjuster delivers a certainly of purpose and destiny that no other personality experiences.

8)

PostPosted:  

Maybe one of the reason why Lucifer derailed his noble path was because he fall victim to his own subtle jealousy about Adjuster Fused beings that kept increasing.

PostPosted:  

I understand that contents of our teology and mixture of our belief systems are of less importance than faith/trust impulse when it comes to death survival. Truth will defend itself on it's own and everyone no matter how incorrect within they own mind matrix will in time see and learn the truth. Nevertheless it is very interesting and intellectually stimulating to evaluate common beliefs that are most trendy on our planet. Quick redefinitions or actualizations of concepts such as: accidents(in what way accidents of time exist and in what way there are no accidents), predetermination, luck, signs, synchronicities, personal karma, ancestral karma that have to be resolved through some very specific practices :lol: , astrology, reincarnation, channelings that are popping out of nowhere everywhere (sometimes very impresive to the point that I honestly don't know what to think about them). We can start with some less obvious ones that are slightly more complex on the surface, the ones that UB doesn't directly speek about but indirectly a lot could be deducted.
Since this topic is about intellectual achievements we may go in that direction for gaining some clarity in those realms of thought. I'm aware that these matters were propably explored on the forum so here we can briefly go through them in one place. Since we already answered the question and know that our intellectual achievements will transfer to another life let's exercise it to get some gains out of it. The benefit of such endeavor is lessening the confusion after awakening on another plane of existance, being more prepared by relatively coordinating our beliefs. O:)

PostPosted:  

I agree that for the purposes of soul birth and soul growth and personal survival of material death that faith is the functional and foundational lever and fulcrum of personal religious experience and growth. Knowledge is not irrelevant but not required.

However, the more accurate our universe reality perspective the greater our personal progress regarding motive and priorities in our choices.

8)

PostPosted:  

Rhinodonter wrote:
Maybe one of the reason why Lucifer derailed his noble path was because he fall victim to his own subtle jealousy about Adjuster Fused beings that kept increasing.

What a preposterous, but perhaps accurate, improbability!!??

:idea:

Consider:

53:3.6 (604.1) 3. The attack upon the universal plan of ascendant mortal training. Lucifer maintained that far too much time and energy were expended upon the scheme of so thoroughly training ascending mortals in the principles of universe administration, principles which he alleged were unethical and unsound. He protested against the agelong program for preparing the mortals of space for some unknown destiny and pointed to the presence of the finaliter corps on Jerusem as proof that these mortals had spent ages of preparation for some destiny of pure fiction. With derision he pointed out that the finaliters had encountered a destiny no more glorious than to be returned to humble spheres similar to those of their origin. He intimated that they had been debauched by overmuch discipline and prolonged training, and that they were in reality traitors to their mortal fellows since they were now co-operating with the scheme of enslaving all creation to the fictions of a mythical eternal destiny for ascending mortals. He advocated that ascenders should enjoy the liberty of individual self-determination. He challenged and condemned the entire plan of mortal ascension as sponsored by the Paradise Sons of God and supported by the Infinite Spirit.

53:3.7 (604.2) And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

8) Very interesting indeed!

PostPosted:  

Let's discuss hypothetical situation:

Someone have met new partner and the one that resonates really well, in a unique situation. Both parties interpret the situation as an amazing synchronicity and that apparently soul mates have met as it should.

How would you explain the situation through your current perspective in accordance with UB teachings? Whats your definition of life synchronicities? Does this meeting was nothing but accidental/random? Since there is no predetermination it seems that's the case.

In almost every new age teachings they say that there are no accidents and we have chosen everything in this life. Let's confront that ideology with UB material.

PostPosted:  

16:6.3 (191.6) The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.

8)

Also...the Guardian Angels can direct or guide to certain intersections of choice, encounter, timing, and relationship (as I understand).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next