Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Greetings my fellow Urantians.

This is my first post, as well as my first time communicating with other UB readers.

I have had the UB in my home now for 29 years, 23 fewer years than I have had the Bible.

Yes, you guessed it! I am humanoid and 52. :P

I teach people how to drive cars in Canada, specifically, in a town in northern Northern Ontario, a land of ice and snow for six cycles per solar orbit, consecutively.

So, as a driving instructor, transportation is an interest of mine. My question is, will I still have the opportunity to drive anything once I finish my sojourn on this planet? Will I get to continue teaching others how to drive whatever vehicle(s) might exist off-planet?

That would be so cool!

Crazy question, I know. 8) :biggrin:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Welcome !!

I believe there are many different vehicular devices and contraptions throughout Nebadon. Some may take more skill than others!!

:biggrin:

Personally, I'm going to be a fandor buckaroo !! Tighten your chin straps !! Yippee ky-yay!!

52:1.5 (590.1) Early evolutionary man is not a colorful creature. In general, these primitive mortals are cave dwellers or cliff residents. They also build crude huts in the large trees. Before they acquire a high order of intelligence, the planets are sometimes overrun with the larger types of animals. But early in this era mortals learn to kindle and maintain fire, and with the increase of inventive imagination and the improvement in tools, evolving man soon vanquishes the larger and more unwieldy animals. The early races also make extensive use of the larger flying animals. These enormous birds are able to carry one or two average-sized men for a nonstop flight of over five hundred miles. On some planets these birds are of great service since they possess a high order of intelligence, often being able to speak many words of the languages of the realm. These birds are most intelligent, very obedient, and unbelievably affectionate. Such passenger birds have been long extinct on Urantia, but your early ancestors enjoyed their services.

74:3.4 (831.1) The third day was devoted to an inspection of the Garden. From the large passenger birds—the fandors—Adam and Eve looked down upon the vast stretches of the Garden while being carried through the air over this, the most beautiful spot on earth.....

43:1.2 (486.1) The water of Edentia and similar architectural spheres is no different from the water of the evolutionary planets. The water systems of such spheres are both surface and subterranean, and the moisture is in constant circulation. Edentia can be circumnavigated via these various water routes, though the chief channel of transportation is the atmosphere. Spirit beings would naturally travel above the surface of the sphere, while the morontia and material beings make use of material and semimaterial means to negotiate atmospheric passage.

46:2.4 (521.1) The transportation system is allied with the circulatory streams of energy movement, these main energy currents being located at ten-mile intervals. By adjustment of physical mechanisms the material beings of the planet can proceed at a pace varying from two to five hundred miles per hour. The transport birds fly at about one hundred miles an hour. The air mechanisms of the Material Sons travel around five hundred miles per hour. Material and early morontia beings must utilize these mechanical means of transport, but spirit personalities proceed by liaison with the superior forces and spirit sources of energy.

Bradly. 8)

PostPosted:  

Thank you so much, FanofVan! That was super awesome. I gotta' get me a Fandor!

PostPosted:  

I thought this bit of information about transport on Jerusem, was interesting in regard to your question.

(521.1) 46:2.4 The transportation system is allied with the circulatory streams of energy movement, these main energy currents being located at ten-mile intervals. By adjustment of physical mechanisms the material beings of the planet can proceed at a pace varying from two to five hundred miles per hour. The transport birds fly at about one hundred miles an hour. The air mechanisms of the Material Sons travel around five hundred miles per hour. Material and early morontia beings must utilize these mechanical means of transport, but spirit personalities proceed by liaison with the superior forces and spirit sources of energy.

The speeds seem much faster than what we have here!