Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Purdue Pharma is only the tip of the iceberg but your are free to ignore Jesus admonitions and do nothing about such exploitations. You may have a different calling. That's between you and God.

117:5:5 (1286.3) “The act is ours, the consequences God’s.”

Mrlucky, I have deleted your last post.

You attempt to include Urantia Book teachings lately has been welcome, but it seems it was really just a thin veneer which would hopefully allow you you espouse your real motivations. It won't wash.

It's YOU who have a different calling - one that is incompatible with the purposes of this forum.

Goodbye.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
I think the Admin does just fine here. We are lucky to have her, actually. It's a volunteer gig and requires a lot of time and dedication and I think it's mostly fair.

I have been the recipient of the tolerance, kindness, and enduring patience of all admins here for many years, including Maryjo. This despite my own immaturity and inappropriate and emotional outbursts from time to time!!

:-# :? :wink: =;

Servant leaders and volunteers are so important and make easy targets for those of us who represent only our own perspectives and prejudices and preferences and do not share the burdens and responsibilities of those who represent a community and cause greater than themselves.

Thanks to all who so serve, including and especially Maryjo!!

:biggrin:

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:15 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Interesting, lively topic!

The UB's revelations about the oversight of our world, of all created worlds, by spiritual beings designed for such service have tempered my ideas, beliefs, and activities about government, society, and all institutions pervading our lives. I'm affected by all that is happening, but I have become very circumspect about my mental and emotional reactions to all that is occurring.

Whatever it is I believe about any issue, it is biased by my limited knowledge and understanding. Our institutions and forms of government are evolutionary developments, and grow and evolve as we do, personally and enmasse.

Just as the fragment of the Universal Father would be caretaker of our soul, He has designated His sons to safeguard our planetary evolution and it's cultural institutions. From our inner world we ought to face our outer world without fear or undo concern. We can disagree about this and that, and how could it be otherwise? Each of us navigates our social and political life according to uniquely personal factors, and all the challenges we are confronting are gifts for our unraveling.

PostPosted:  

Gizmo,
Thank you for that thoughtful and insightful post. You have really distilled an important message and one that I plan to remember often. I especially appreciate this that you wrote:

Quote:
The UB's revelations about the oversight of our world, of all created worlds, by spiritual beings designed for such service have tempered my ideas, beliefs, and activities about government, society, and all institutions pervading our lives. I'm affected by all that is happening, but I have become very circumspect about my mental and emotional reactions to all that is occurring.

In just one post, you have taught this Agondonter a useful skill for navigating our crazy world. :smile:

PostPosted:  

gizmo wrote:
Interesting, lively topic!

Whatever it is I believe about any issue, it is biased by my limited knowledge and understanding. Our institutions and forms of government are evolutionary developments, and grow and evolve as we do, personally and enmasse.

Just as the fragment of the Universal Father would be caretaker of our soul, He has designated His sons to safeguard our planetary evolution and it's cultural institutions. From our inner world we ought to face our outer world without fear or undo concern. We can disagree about this and that, and how could it be otherwise? Each of us navigates our social and political life according to uniquely personal factors, and all the challenges we are confronting are gifts for our unraveling.

Great post and points!!

The UB provides a unique and powerful perspective of our planet's million year history of evolutionary and experiential progress by the collective-effects of tens of thousands of generations of individual freewill choices of billions of people.

That perspective delivers an awareness and appreciation and record of a very certain trajectory of evolutionary progress and does so in context of this well managed process as achieved on 7 trillion such evolutionary worlds like our own!

On our world we have witnessed and now experience a rapid acceleration of planetary progress due to this skilled and effective leadership mentioned by gizmo above. Papers 52 and 55 describe the stages and steps that planets evolve through by very intentional and deliberate leadership processes. Evolutionary progress cannot be imposed nor can human freewill be manipulated or disregarded by our planetary leaders.

Nonetheless humans respond to our Deity Connections and humanity seeks happiness and seeks to end suffering which are the results or the fruits of personal spiritization. Wisdom is an experiential acquirement that is transferred generational by social mechanisms and traditions within families and tribes and cultures and the mores of humanity over time.

Today's social changes and challenges formulate modern demands for our personal and collective response. Our collective progress depends upon how spiritual our motives are in that response, and our wisdom in recognizing the causes and effects of suffering.

Whatever we suffer from offers us an opportunity to learn and serve and grow and progress. No matter the cause of suffering, it's cure is love and kindness and generosity and forgiveness and patience and service.

Or so I understand the UB to teach...

8)

PostPosted:  

The UB teaches that our world is out of synch and sequence with the "normal" evolutionary epochal steps compared to most others. There are multiple reasons why so. However, every world, like every person, has a very unique and individualized experiential expression of evolutionary progress.

The speed of progress and the order of progress and the setbacks and delays to progress on every world depend upon many factors unique to each world AND also depends upon the collective expressions of individual experiences of every person as also affected by the accidents of time and also planetary geological and meteorological and natural histories.

Therefore each of the 7 trillion evolutionary worlds has a very unique and individualized history and trajectory of planetary progress. The Most Highs must be very adept at situational Plan B strategic adjustments and responses.

It's interesting to speculate when and how the Most Highs and their planetary helpers deliver causes or effect-responses in their efforts to guide planetary progress forward despite human resistance or lethargy or unexpected outcomes and responses. I can only imagine how unpredictable such a challenge is for those in charge of herding cats - in our case today, 7 billion cats on a single world!

Consider the number of variables and potentials when 7 billion freewill individuals are each making an endless stream of choices which creates a dynamic fluidity Flux of constant change - both the realization of potential and the creation of new potentials. The mechanism of evolutionary progress is a vast feedback loop of endless cause and effect.

Everything that happens is an opportunity of response. No matter what happens a response motivated by love, truth, beauty, and goodness will deliver a positive and progressive result.

So..."what's really going on in our world right now" is this constant and continuous stream of cause and effect and the evolutionary progress that is delivered thereby and therefrom.

8)

All human efforts to prevent suffering or reduce suffering or relieve suffering or heal suffering contributes to personal and planetary evolutionary progress... or so I understand the UB to teach...

PostPosted:  

Hello all, I haven't had time to monitor, really, any of this. But it seems quite clear that things in the world are rapidly progressing and reaching a culmination of sorts.

I think in saying "progressing" there is a certain implication that evil forces and mindsets have been developing towards their inevitable end. And positive ones likewise. Surely not all of the world's evils will be suddenly terminated. It does seem though, that the heightened concept of sovereignty the revelators offer, on all levels including creature will and creator prerogative, is becoming very, very vivid and telling. Just maybe, we are seeing the visible effects of those step-by-step events or relationships that will eventually culminate in the appearance of The Supreme Being.

I agree that patience, forbearance and full faith lead us through the intriguing things occurring now. We might appreciate how very, very fortunate we are to have experienced all of these amazing steps and difficulties in our short earthly career.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Riktare!!

I certainly agree!! Our world has far to go and many uncertainties and frustration and failures and disappointment to overcome before we achieve our planetary destiny.

Consider:

52:5.8 (596.6) The postbestowal Son age may extend from ten thousand to a hundred thousand years. There is no arbitrary time allotted to any of these dispensational eras. This is a time of great ethical and spiritual progress. Under the spiritual influence of these ages, human character undergoes tremendous transformations and experiences phenomenal development. It becomes possible to put the golden rule into practical operation. The teachings of Jesus are really applicable to a mortal world which has had the preliminary training of the prebestowal Sons with their dispensations of character ennoblement and culture augmentation.

52:5.9 (596.7) During this era the problems of disease and delinquency are virtually solved. Degeneracy has already been largely eliminated by selective reproduction. Disease has been practically mastered through the high resistant qualities of the Adamic strains and by the intelligent and world-wide application of the discoveries of the physical sciences of preceding ages. The average length of life, during this period, climbs well above the equivalent of three hundred years of Urantia time.

52:5.10 (597.1) Throughout this epoch there is a gradual lessening of governmental supervision. True self-government is beginning to function; fewer and fewer restrictive laws are necessary. The military branches of national resistance are passing away; the era of international harmony is really arriving. There are many nations, mostly determined by land distribution, but only one race, one language, and one religion. Mortal affairs are almost, but not quite, utopian. This truly is a great and glorious age!

6. Urantia’s Post-Bestowal Age

52:6.1 (597.2) The bestowal Son is the Prince of Peace. He arrives with the message, “Peace on earth and good will among men.” On normal worlds this is a dispensation of world-wide peace; the nations no more learn war. But such salutary influences did not attend the coming of your bestowal Son, Christ Michael. Urantia is not proceeding in the normal order. Your world is out of step in the planetary procession. Your Master, when on earth, warned his disciples that his advent would not bring the usual reign of peace on Urantia. He distinctly told them that there would be “wars and rumors of wars,” and that nation would rise against nation. At another time he said, “Think not that I have come to bring peace upon earth.”

52:6.2 (597.3) Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Urantia.....

8)

So much work to do....

PostPosted:  

wow - Bradley - great papers here - whoa - and 7 trillion evolutionary worlds - yah we need to stop the war machine MIC... good gawd ... even what is happening now in Ukriane is insane ...
oh well - 10k-100k years - WAY too long... alright let see what shakes out in my 20-30 left 5 5 5

PostPosted:  

shrimpythai wrote:
wow - Bradley - great papers here - whoa - and 7 trillion evolutionary worlds - yah we need to stop the war machine MIC... good gawd ... even what is happening now in Ukriane is insane ...
oh well - 10k-100k years - WAY too long... alright let see what shakes out in my 20-30 left 5 5 5

Today, change accelerates and time is compressed and our animal fears and social anxieties increase as we face growing uncertainty. Indeed, only uncertainty is certain and change itself is changeless.

The only shelter from this torrent of time truly is our inner bastion of spiritual sanctuary. We must care about and share with others that peace within to know the sublime confidence of our personal and planetary destiny....no matter what's going on.

The cure to the world's ills is spiritual before it is political or social. The sooner we respond morally and spiritually to social problems and the challenges of our material life, the quicker will sufferings be eased and culture advanced for the benefit of all.

8)

99:0.1 (1086.1) RELIGION achieves its highest social ministry when it has least connection with the secular institutions of society. In past ages, since social reforms were largely confined to the moral realms, religion did not have to adjust its attitude to extensive changes in economic and political systems. The chief problem of religion was the endeavor to replace evil with good within the existing social order of political and economic culture. Religion has thus indirectly tended to perpetuate the established order of society, to foster the maintenance of the existent type of civilization.

99:0.2 (1086.2) But religion should not be directly concerned either with the creation of new social orders or with the preservation of old ones. True religion does oppose violence as a technique of social evolution, but it does not oppose the intelligent efforts of society to adapt its usages and adjust its institutions to new economic conditions and cultural requirements.

99:0.3 (1086.3) Religion did approve the occasional social reforms of past centuries, but in the twentieth century it is of necessity called upon to face adjustment to extensive and continuing social reconstruction. Conditions of living alter so rapidly that institutional modifications must be greatly accelerated, and religion must accordingly quicken its adaptation to this new and ever-changing social order.

1. Religion and Social Reconstruction

99:1.1 (1086.4) Mechanical inventions and the dissemination of knowledge are modifying civilization; certain economic adjustments and social changes are imperative if cultural disaster is to be avoided. This new and oncoming social order will not settle down complacently for a millennium. The human race must become reconciled to a procession of changes, adjustments, and readjustments. Mankind is on the march toward a new and unrevealed planetary destiny.

99:1.2 (1086.5) Religion must become a forceful influence for moral stability and spiritual progression functioning dynamically in the midst of these ever-changing conditions and never-ending economic adjustments.

99:1.3 (1086.6) Urantia society can never hope to settle down as in past ages. The social ship has steamed out of the sheltered bays of established tradition and has begun its cruise upon the high seas of evolutionary destiny; and the soul of man, as never before in the world’s history, needs carefully to scrutinize its charts of morality and painstakingly to observe the compass of religious guidance. The paramount mission of religion as a social influence is to stabilize the ideals of mankind during these dangerous times of transition from one phase of civilization to another, from one level of culture to another.

99:1.4 (1087.1) Religion has no new duties to perform, but it is urgently called upon to function as a wise guide and experienced counselor in all of these new and rapidly changing human situations. Society is becoming more mechanical, more compact, more complex, and more critically interdependent. Religion must function to prevent these new and intimate interassociations from becoming mutually retrogressive or even destructive. Religion must act as the cosmic salt which prevents the ferments of progression from destroying the cultural savor of civilization. These new social relations and economic upheavals can result in lasting brotherhood only by the ministry of religion.

99:1.5 (1087.2) A godless humanitarianism is, humanly speaking, a noble gesture, but true religion is the only power which can lastingly increase the responsiveness of one social group to the needs and sufferings of other groups. In the past, institutional religion could remain passive while the upper strata of society turned a deaf ear to the sufferings and oppression of the helpless lower strata, but in modern times these lower social orders are no longer so abjectly ignorant nor so politically helpless.

99:1.6 (1087.3) Religion must not become organically involved in the secular work of social reconstruction and economic reorganization. But it must actively keep pace with all these advances in civilization by making clear-cut and vigorous restatements of its moral mandates and spiritual precepts, its progressive philosophy of human living and transcendent survival. The spirit of religion is eternal, but the form of its expression must be restated every time the dictionary of human language is revised.

8)

100:2.6 (1096.3) The goal of human self-realization should be spiritual, not material. The only realities worth striving for are divine, spiritual, and eternal. Mortal man is entitled to the enjoyment of physical pleasures and to the satisfaction of human affections; he is benefited by loyalty to human associations and temporal institutions; but these are not the eternal foundations upon which to build the immortal personality which must transcend space, vanquish time, and achieve the eternal destiny of divine perfection and finaliter service.

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

Bradly 8) :D

PostPosted:  

Simply put, Jesus "went about doing good".

100:7.7 (1102.4) Of Jesus it was truly said, “He trusted God.” As a man among men he most sublimely trusted the Father in heaven. He trusted his Father as a little child trusts his earthly parent. His faith was perfect but never presumptuous. No matter how cruel nature might appear to be or how indifferent to man’s welfare on earth, Jesus never faltered in his faith. He was immune to disappointment and impervious to persecution. He was untouched by apparent failure.

100:7.8 (1102.5) He loved men as brothers, at the same time recognizing how they differed in innate endowments and acquired qualities. “He went about doing good.”

What does this mean on a personal level? I can only tell you my own experience, but my major downfall is addiction. I have remained substance free for over 30 years, but I am not "cured". I am one bad decision away from ruin. But there is a way to "take out an insurance policy" against ACTIVE addiction, and that is unselfishly helping others. I invariably get way more out of it personally, than do the ones I am helping. It would appear to be a universe principle.

So what can I DO? Just exactly what I just said. This world, in my opinion, is a nursery where we soil ourselves and cry, and the next world is likely kindergarden by comparison. I can read the Urantia Book for the nearly 50 years I have been, but it will avail me absolutely nothing of value, until I learn to "Go about doing good".

I am working on this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29